Chapter 19, Race for gold

I get to the docks as usual

I get to the docks as usual. Most Saturday nights are racing nights at the docks and since we have Sean, we have usually the advantage. Sean's the driver of the group and he's crazy behind a wheel.

We always start the race by the docks, because the docks are exactly between the West and East side of town. It's the natural ground around here.

"Man, I still can't believe you let Amber beat you at your own game last night," Matt laughs.

"And then Blake punched you," one of the twins add. I keep my eyes on all the girls standing around, but I think it's Ryan that said it. There are a few girls here that I'd be happy to recruit.

"We should get them back for that. It was our territory," Sean says as his usual serious self. I swear he's the emo one of the group. Even though his hair is dark brown and not black.

"We get them back when we win this competition," I point out. 

No matter how decent-looking Bowmen thinks he is, he really is horrible with girls. Somehow he always leaves them in tears. And if that doesn't happen, he resorts to kidnapping them like he did with Goldy.

Me on the other hand, I'm usually quite the expert since my business is women. Unfortunately, Goldy isn't exactly what one would call normal. It's all turned around with this girl.

"Where do you think the crowd is going?" Matt asks.

Sure enough, the many people surrounding all the cars walk up to a new, blue car that's parked at the starting line.

"Who's the newcommer?" Sean asks.

"It's a blue BMW Nazca M12," Ryan says. 

"That's Amber's car," Bryan adds.

The twins are my eyes and ears around town. As dim-witted as they can be, they usually know what's going on. 

"What the hell is she doing here?" Sean asks.

"It's Goldy," I remind them, "she's here to get herself into trouble."

They all mumble an understanding.