Chapter 35, The distraction

A/N: This is a pretty long chapter (like 3000 words) so

A/N: This is a pretty long chapter (like 3000 words) so... uh... sorry. I didn't want to make it two chapters though... Annnnnd I cut Amber's dance with Jack in this scene, because the chapter was really getting too long. I figured there's time in the future to get a conversation between Jack and Amber.

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.

I quickly duck from under Owen before he can kiss me again, and make my way to me safe heaven for the night: the buffet tables

This bet is messing with my head! I want to tell myself that these boys are all fake and pretending to like me, but... But I know, I can feel when something is fake and...

And Owen was not fake back there...

Unless his plan is working. Unless his stupid cocky smirk with his stupid copper hair has me fooled to the point where I've become blind.

My voice of reason suddenly slaps my brain and yells, snap out of it, Amber! 

I get to the buffet tables and stuff my face, probably ruining my makeup in the process, with the first thing I see - which is chocolate eclairs. After managing at least six of them in my mouth, I look up just in time with someone on the other side of the buffet table.

Calvin, Blake's second in command, has about eight chocolate eclairs in his mouth as well and we're looking at each other like two kids that were just caught doing something bad.

I send him a smile that probably looks really gross because there's still chocolate eclairs in my mouth. Calvin returns the smile and one of his eclairs fall out.

Oh, God.

I burst out laughing and two of my own eclairs almost fall out before I put my hands in front of my mouth and swallow what's in my mouth as quickly as possible. Calvin does the same.

"I swear I'm not usually like this," Calvin tries to explain while chewing the last of what's in his mouth.

"Uh-huh, yeah, and what are you usually like?" I ask with a smirk and fold my arms.