Chapter 3

I was crying because the little scratch on my elbow hurt alot.It was all because of Imraan, if he would have let me play a little longer then non of this would have happened

"Shower, come on get up its just a small scratch." My mean brother said.

Glaring at his way I kept pressing my fingers against elbow as more tears poured from my eyes.Pouting, my younger self shouted at Imraan.

"My name is Shahwar not shower and it hurts a lot you stupid fatty."

This caused Imraan to laugh hard.I pouted because he was so mean.Soon Salah came running in the garden with an aid box and knelt before me.Seeing Imraan laugh hysterically he stood up before my brother.

"Imraan if you do anything like this again to Shahwar which makes her cry I am gonna punch you really hard."

A huge smile came on my face as I grinned at my brother who was now white with fear.Salah came before me and took my little hand in his before pulling me into the white mansion.Our home.Soon Imraan also came in and got a nice scolding from Mama.

***
"Four days still remain before Salah comes home."

A manly voice boomed in the silent night.Turning around with the steaming cup of tea still in hand I came to face Arsalan.Smiling at him I made some room for him on the porch stairs where I was sitting.Sitting besides me he inhaled a large breath.

"I wasn't waiting for him."I found myself speak.

"Hmm.."He chuckled lowly as he turned to look at me.His dark hair was messing standing up in all directions.

"Then what are you doing here at this time of the night."He asked innocently.A small smile on his face.

"Nothing.I was just remembering old times."

"Old times ? Old lady you are quite impressive with words."

Shaking my head I looked down at the cup in my hand.Taking a small sip I sighed.Biting on my lip I dared to ask the man a question.

"Are you gonna bring her home."

His features suddenly changed.Clenching his jaws as his eyes stared before us on the stars.

"No." was his low whisper but I heard him.

Arsalan was a brother to me.We had spent our childhood together although he was Salah's and Imraan's age but still he were good friends.Crime partners.After uncle Junaid's death he had taken all the burden on his shoulders.He was a mysterious man and very unpredictable.His eyes were always cold but sometimes I could notice the vulnerability that hid in them.Everyone had demons that they didn't wanna show.I didn't wanted his mood to be bad so I changed the topic.

"When are you going back?"

He sighed loudly, running his hands through his hair he said

"By the 15th of next month."

I didn't want him gone when all of the family was reuniting after so many years.

"Please stay." I whispered softly.

His face turned to me and his eyes softened but he nodded his head turning his face again.

"I'll see." was all he replied.

"Okay" whispering I stood up to go to my room.Saying good night to him I turned on my heels leaving him alone to the night.

***
"Aunty Naheed can I help you?"

The older lady turned around with the spatula in her hands.

"Ah Shahwar come.I was making pakoras.Come help me."

"Sure."

Taking the gram flour and other ingredient I helped her make the batter and then we fried the pakoras together.Handing me a platter full of yummy pakoras with sauce she asked me to serve everyone in the hall.

Taking the platter I placed it on the round table there as everyone came to sit.It was raining outside so Baba and Uncle Yousuf were also at home.

"Wow.Bhabi sure makes delicious afternoon snacks."Baba said and everyone else agreed.

I just returning to the kitchen when I heard Aunty Meena's voice.

"Yes Salah Beta.Yeah okay.Daadi Maa is also fine and so is everyone else.Hmm.."

She came to stand besides me as I stood there with a racing heart.My stomach.Something was wrong with it.She cast a look at me and smiled.
Uncle Yousuf called out to her.

"Meena come fresh and hot pakoras you'll miss them if you keep talking to Salah."

This caught her attention as she detached the phone murmuring 'talk a little Salah you're always in a hurry here talk to Shahwar'. Forwarding the black shiny device towards me she said.

"Talk to him Shahwar."

The phone was now in my sweaty hands.My heart was beating so fast and loud that I could almost hear it in my ears.Biting on my lip I placed the phone against my ear.

A deep voice filled my ears as I heard some shuffling.I remained silent.

"...eah okay I have to go.I love You.Bye."

These were his last words before the line went dead.