Chapter 11

The song is added above.. I just felt the need as it will give you the perfect combo with the events in the chapter ..
I suggest you grab some tissues and tighten your seat belts because we are gonna fly sweeties and fall back..

***
The girls led me down the stairs as I cast my eyes downwards.My hands were sweaty and I would occasionally touch my nose ring in nervousness.The Nikah was to be held in the sitting room that was a large room with sofas and wall length windows that gave a beautiful view of outside.

The two french doors were present with a wide gap between them as we entered from one side.The large room was parted in two portions.The woman were to sit in one side while the other was for the men.

Ahya helped me sit on the cream coloured sofa besides Daadi Maa.Just opposite from me was the same sofa for the groom.Ladies started to fill in the room.The family ones only.Soon Baba was peeked in before coming to my side.He kissed my head and held my hand tight.Making me look up to him.He gave me a soft smile before moving away.

It wasn't late that men also started to fill in.Arsalan and Imraan were in same Shirwani that was black.Their hair were also styled back making them look identical.I smiled at them as they made their way towards me and kneeling before me.Imraan's hand clasped around my hand, his fingers curling around mine as I looked down.

"The Qazi is here."Uncle Yousuf's voice called out from outside and instantly my eyes searched for Mama.

"Ahya.. call Mama."I whispered to her.She nodded before going out of the room.Minutes passed as she returned with mama by her side.My mother looked at me her worried expression instantly relaxing.She sat besides me and held my hand giving it a squeeze.

"My jaan." She whispered softly.Imraan and Arsalan came in the room with Salah.He was dressed in an off white shirwani that fit him perfectly.Sitting on the sofa he looked around the brightly lit room and his eyes stopped on me.His eyes were speaking volumes but I couldn't hear anything besides my thudding heart.I averted my hand fixing it on my and Mama's hand.

My lashes felt heavy and I couldn't look up anymore.

"Please come this way."Baba's voice reached my ears and I knew it was time.The buzzing room turned silent as the heavy footsteps sounded.A chair was placed in front of me and the old man sat down.Baba and Uncle Yousuf along with Imraan and Arsalan stood before us.I closed my eyes tightly, my lashes kissing my cheeks.

"We are gonna start Shahwar."Baba spoke and Mama's hold tightened.I gave a faint nod.

"Do you Shahwar Nawaz Khan , daughter of Muhammad Nawaz Khan accept Salah Yousuf Khan , son of Muhammad Yousuf Khan to be your lawfully wedded husband." The Qazi spoke.

I closed my eyes trying to stop the tears.Blinking rapidly I whispered ALLAH's name in my heart repeatedly.The little squeeze from Mama made my turn my head to see her face, her tears flowing.I turned my head downwards.Thinking over my life, the love I had for Salah.The unconditional love.The dreams I had woven myself.

"Qubool hai." I softly said a sudden burden getting off my shoulder.

"Do you Shahwar Nawaz Khan , daughter of Muhammad Nawaz Khan accept Salah Yousuf Khan , son of Muhammad Yousuf Khan to be your lawfully wedded husband ? " The Qazi asked another two times and I again said,

"Qubool hai."

"Qubool hai."

I had accepted Salah to be my husband.Mama hugged me tightly as my numb hands wrapped around her.An applause roared and my heart bloomed like a fresh flower.Daadi Maa too embraced me.