Prologue

What was the last thing I remember again? Oh, right. His voice. Calling my name.

"Harriet."

Chills run down through my body remembering his voice from before even though I really couldn't move  my body. I could feel some kind of fabric circling both of my hands and my feet, keeping them together. It holds me firm as I tried to struggle but seemed to be failing and only exhaust myself from it.

So instead of trying to squirm out of my way, I sat still. Trying to figure out anything that could be a clue to where I was being taken to.

I lay my head to some kind of container box that sat beside me. Probably an ice box from the texture it touched my cheek. Why the heck was there an ice box here?

Okay, calm down. I need to keep my wits wih me right now and couldn't afford to do anything stupid. I lay back my head, making it seemed like I had fallen asleep in case there is someone watching me. They wouldn't be able to tell since I had a blindfold, which was restricting my view.

I calm my breath, steadying it as if I was asleep. While I slow my breath out, I open my senses. My ears, my nose, my skin. Anythig that could give me a hint to where I was or whether I was alone or not or how to escape this.

My ears tried to pick up any faint sounds that could indicate something. At first I couldn't hear anything other than my pounding heartbeat. A few minutes later I could hear a some faint sounds of insects.

What?

I lift my head from the ice box and lay it with my right ear touching the ground. The ground was cement as it met with my cheek. Unvoluntary I shiver at the coldness and yet pay no attention to it.

The ground was vibrating as I could hear the water pipe under. But what makes my ears perked up was the sound of the insects. It's not from the ground. It's from up.

The cries of insects at night faintly hear from upstairs. No. I gulped as I felt cold sweat trickles through my temple. I am underground. Or so I guess before something run past my feet.

I let out a small cry in fear as it touches the skin between the hem of my jeans and my shoes.

What..?

At once I hear a low rumble from it. You must be kidding me? My breath quickens as I heard it's paws meeting the ground near me. It's close.

I clenched my jaws the moment my smelling sense managed to unfrozen from fear. The sharp smell rushed into my nose. I don't know what was it but I kind of had some idea about it. I could only hope that I was wrong. The smell of rawness fills my lungs as the presence of it come closer. I could feel the heat emitting from it before I hear a deep growl.

In the instant I went pale, almost fainting when I realize who my company is. No. This can't be true. No, no, no.

Tears began trickling down my cheek, damping my blindfold. I could even feel my body shakes so much that I couldn't move even an inch in my place. My breath was short and ragged. I couldn't think straight knowing what was with me.

Sunking in my place, I tried to make myself as small as I could. I fold my knees up and buried my face to them, making myself as a ball. My hand was still tied up behind my back, but I could still feel myself shaking in fear.

No. No. No.
Please, I beg you that it's just a dream.
It's just a dream.
A bad dream.

A dream that started since I met him.

"Well, damn him. That old man.." I muttered under my breath. Feeling the hot tears falling down to my cheeks.

"Who? Me?"

The voice jolted me up as I sit straighter, bumping my back into something in process. The animal growls at me for bumping him as I shivered in fear. The lion was standing so close that it's mane softly touches my neck. I could feel all my hairs standing up because of it's proximity.

"Oh, so you've met him already?" The man's tone was happy and yet I could still imagine the person smirking.

"Let me out of here." I gritted as I could feel the heat of the lion circling me. Slowly, painfuly. As if he was watching his prey. Well, I probably am.

"Nu-uh. Can't do, darling. You have to make yourself comfortable here." He stepped closer.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I like you."

"Bullshit!" I suddenly screamed. Completely forgetting about the existance of the lion in the room. Only when the lion roars that I realize what I had done.

"Easy, Harriet. This guy don't like violent people." I could hear the person stroking the lion.

"Shut up. Let me out of here." I snapped, trying my best not to shed any tears. Not in front of him at least.

"That's not how you should ask." He replied. I could feel like he's frowing. "I think you need some ettiquette lessons from Raphael."

"No. I don't fucking need it." I spat.

"Oh yes," His voice suddenly dropped so low. I quickly shutted my mouth, understanding that I had pushed the wrong button. "Yes, you are."

I could hear his footsteps briskly coming closer before the blindfold was ripped harshly.

"Welcome, to the lesson, my dear." He said in fascination as he opens his arms wide.