Chapter Eight

When I woke up, Raphael was no where to be seen.

Low murmur and ruckus could be heard faintly from upstairs. It was morning already, I guess. The zoo had already opened.

I sat back on my bed, watching the light bulb that was off despite that last night I still remembered it to be on. He probably turned it off to lower suspicion.

I rolled back in the bed, only to find in the corner of my eyes a tray of food was placed atop the small drawer. Besides the tray, laid a single brush in which I didn't remember it's existence before.

Shrugging, I nibble at the food Rick had left me and try to come up with ideas to get out of this situation.

Hours passed, and yet I couldn't find the exact good plan that I could actually took action right away.

Screaming for help wasn't possible since I had done that after finishing my meal. The bunker was too deep and the walls are too thick for people to be able to hear me. I'm just wasting my strength.

I couldn't pick the lock either since the door don't use keyholes, instead padlocks and metal slot locked from the outside.

The small metal bars on the top of the door was also too high. I couldn't reach them, and even if I did it was tiny that only my wrist is able to slip in the gap.

I sighed, feeling frustated by the situation.

At first, I was able to hold myself calm like the past few days. But then I started tugging at my hair, feeling claustrophobic as each second passes.

How many hours had I stayed like this?

How many days had passed?

I tugged my hair even harder, letting out small screams that later build up into hysterical ones.

I was slowly losing my mind.

It was getting harder to control myself knowing that I was trapped. Imprison in an animal's den waiting for whatever it is that dreaded me.

My body started to shake violently as bad scenarios played in my mind. What ifs and regrets replayed over and over again until all I can feel was fear taking over my body.

My legs buckled as I fell to the cold floor. My finger trembled, even so the coldness of the ground seemed extremely sharp under my palms, seemingly acting like a jagged ice prickling all over my arms, sending shivers to my bone.

Tears trickling down my cheeks. I cried, cursing every single breathe that I took while all I hope now was to be dead in this second.