Revealing Scars (Fluffy Adrienette + Fluffy Ladynoir)

This one was actually a prompt by @JRArmitage - it all started with "Is there any part of you that isn't bruised?". Please go check them out! They write some fabulous Miraculous one shots and I don't doubt you'll enjoy as much as I do.

But that's enough Author's Note - cut to the oneshot.

Adrien's POV

I was at Marinette's. We were sitting in her room, and I grinned. My world was never brighter than when I was with my girlfriend.
Of course, I did still have a place in my heart for Ladybug. But that part had to be tucked away - Ladybug would never like me, but Marinette always had. Besides, my Princess was the kindest, most thoughtful, most beautiful girl I knew. She was looking at my back, my shirt lifted up. She sighed. "Adrien, is there any part of you that isn't bruised? How do you get all these bruises anyway?"
I flashed back to all the times I took hits for Ladybug so she wouldn't be hit by an akuma. "I... just am kind of clumsy."
She giggled. "Adrien, you don't have to lie. I'm your girlfriend - I understand if you don't want to tell me." I sighed in relief. I may be a black cat, but I was so lucky to have Marinette. "Marinette, how did I ever deserve you?"
    She passed a cold cloth over my back. "How did I ever deserve YOU?" She teased.
    I relaxed and the conversation moved on as Marinette continued to take care of me.

Later that night...

I was sitting next to Ladybug on top of the Eiffel Tower when I sighed in content. She turned her head to look at me. "Kitty, do you ever get hurt?"
    "Tons of times." I easily answered. "But I'm quite the lucky cat, m'Lady. I have a girlfriend - she's the most understanding girl I know and she always takes care of me. Doesn't even ask any questions... I don't deserve her." I sighed happily, looking out toward Marinette's bakery. "She's a real queen."
    Ladybug giggled, her laugh sounding just like my Princess's. "Did you intentionally make that pun?"
    I blinked and looked at her. "What pun?"
    She laughed even harder. "A female cat is called a queen."
    I chuckled. "Isn't that something? Nah, she's my perfect Princess."
    She awed. "Well, aren't you adorable? How long have you been together?"
    "Since that day when Catalyst kept bringing back all those old akumas."
    She giggled. "My boyfriend has a lot of scars, too. I'm not sure how he gets them, but he refuses to tell me why - even lies to me. I know him too well to believe him, however, besides, I trust him. Actually, today he tried to tell me he's clumsy," she broke down in cackles. When she finally settled down, she continued. "He's a model, and absolutely adorable too. I can't believe he tried that, though." I blinked. That was really familiar - hold on, wait, no way...
But she had my Princess's same hair. That laugh, those eyes, the sudden disappearances... "Marinette?" I breathed.
    Her eyes became little blue pinpricks of shock. "I-I'm not - uhh... who is this Marinette you speak of?"
    I laughed. "Now, you're the one trying to lie to me, Bugaboo. I can't believe it's you!"
    She blinked. "Adrien?" Suddenly, she slung me over her shoulder and took us to her place. "You - you have those scars because you're always trying to PROTECT ME!"
    She detransformed, revealing my Marinette. Her kwami flew up next to her. She started in, "YOU STUPID CAT! I - I LOVE YOU, DON'T YOU DARE GET HURT ON MY ACCOUNT!"
    Her eyes were rimmed with tears as she caught her breath from her emotional yelling. "A-Adrien, I can't lose you..."
    My lips curled upwards. "Princess, you'll never. I'll always be by your side."
    She blinked up at me, tearful eyes cutting into my soul. "Promise?" She sniffled. "Promise." I leaned down, and her arms wrapped around my neck, and we kissed underneath the smiles of the stars.

I know this was kind of short, but it felt right ending it here. Any one shot author will know what I mean. Luckily, there is more to come, so buzz on, my lovely Bees!

-Queen Honey 🐝