Batting For Both Sides (Fluffy Love Square)

Note: Chat Noir has been visiting Marinette for a while before this happens. Also, Alya has her Miraculous permanently, but Nino and Chloe don't. And in case you were wondering...

The double entendre in the title was FULLY intended. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That said... let's begin.

Marinette's POV

I gazed out at Paris from my balcony, waiting for one of my closest friends. He visited me every day now - and today I had a proposition for him. A black blur moved along my sightline, and I grinned at the sight of it. As it got closer, I was able to make out a silver stick and messy blonde hair. It was him alright.
Chat Noir landed right next to me. “Hi, Princess.” He asked. I turned to him. “Kitty - I need some help.”
He raised his brow. “Oh? How could the Princess possibly require her knight’s assistance?” I quietly stated, “I want to ask him out.”
Chat blinked. “Who?”
I firmly said, “My crush - I've never told you his name… but I trust you. So, ah, um, could you possibly help me get a date with Adrien Agreste?” I blushed, looking away from him. He loved me, and I returned the favour by asking him to help me ask out my own crush. I didn’t notice that his ears and tail had gone stock still, facing straight up in surprise. “S-sure…”,

Chat Noir’s POV

All this time… the guy she'd been pining for had been me. All those sweet words, praising descriptions… that was all for me.
I kind of felt honoured. At the same time, an argument roared in my head.
You can't lead her on like this, you're in love with Ladybug.

But I can't break her heart.

One of you has to be unhappy - you or her. Do you really think you can take another heartbreak? (The first person who sees a reference here will get an immediate follow and message from me)

I'll have to.

She doesn't deserve a boyfriend that doesn't love her. Either way, her heart gets broken.

Maybe I can fall in love with her before she gets hurt. Then it won't matter.
Do you really think you can get over Ladybug?

...no, not really.

Besides that, you'd have to tell her you're Chat Noir. Even before you tell Ladybug.

...I trust her. Whatever happens, so be it.

My Princess brought me back to earth with a ,”Chat?”
Curling my tail, I snapped to it. “Yes, Princess?”
“I don't really have much of a plan, just need you nearby for moral support.”
I frowned. I'd have to be Chat and Adrien at the same time to pull this off.
But I never was able to say ‘no’ to Marinette.
I grinned. “That'll be a piece of cake.” She threw herself at me. Nuzzling into my chest she sighed, “Thank you, Chat. I couldn't do it without you. Thank you for listening, thank you for being here, thank you for agreeing, thank you for supporting me.”
A blush she couldn't see rose on my face. “Always, Princess.”
We separated, and I stared at her face. Taking in her rosy cheeks, glowing bluebell eyes, raven black hair, and the freckles scattered across the bridge of her nose. I booped one of them. “Boop.” I whispered. She broke the eye contact, throwing her head back to laugh. When she finally came off it, she was wiping tears. “Oh… oh my God, Chat… thank you…”,
“No problem, princess.” I grinned. “Now, I need to get home. I have a commitment early tomorrow. You should maybe ask him right after school or during your lunch to meet you by the Trocadero - then you can ask him out. No matter what time, I'll definitely be there.”
She smiled. “See you tomorrow, Chat Noir.” She pecked my cheek, then turned and went inside. Dazed, I leapt off in the wrong direction, righting myself when I realized I was headed to the Eiffel. I chuckled oddly, then headed off in the correct direction.