Chapter 13

The guy stepped even closer, if that was possible. His breath stank of alcohol as he spoke. "What's your name, kitten?"

I cringed.

"None of your concern, and certainly not that." I reffered to his earlier nickname. Which was ironic considering I was dressed up as a cat.

He laughed. A dry, creepy laugh that could make anyone shiver from fear or disgust.

I knew how to defend myself, so what was I doing just planted there stupidly without moving?

I remembered how I had twisted Isaac's arm when we first met, I could just do the same with this guy right?

His grip tightened on my arm as I whinced in pain. I used the opportunity to spin around free from where he had imprisoned me in the corner.

Unfortunately, this guy seemed to know what he was doing as he pushed me harder against the wall, trapping me between his arms. "I just wanted to know your name?" He tried again.

I thought back to the guy Will had warned me about, was this Derrick? This guy had dark brown hair that hid his forehead in messy curls.

"What are you doing?" He said in a slurry voice, slightly annoyed as I ignored his question.

I had to do something quick and make a rush for the door.

He placed his hand on my cheek, lightly caressing the side of my face. The gesture made my stomach twist in disgust.

My heart accelerated in fear. It was dark and I couldn't exactly rely on someone to come and save me, this wasn't a movie.

One of his hands was on the wall whilst the other was on my cheek. This meant that if I punched him then his hand would leave my cheek and I could run. At least I hoped that that was true.

Finding the right moment. I kicked him in the groin. His hand, as predicted, left my cheek and allowed me a second to escape, but I celebrated too early.

This guy was strong and seemed to have more experience than me in fighting. I couldn't win.

"You bitch!" He recovered quickly and slapped me. I fell from the impact.

My hair flew covering my face, I cried out in pain as it touched my cheek. I brought my hand up to the new throbbing spot. Just as expected, as I assumed from his strength, my cheek was bleeding as I watched the blood that stained my fingers.

He wasn't done as I watched him approache me slowly. I felt pathetic as I was used to protecting myself, yet I was so weak against him. I started shaking from fear, yet tears refused to fall. I didn't cry easily, actually I nearly never cried, but that didn't stop me from being terrified.

My body stopped responding as he grabbed the collar of my black top and pulled me up. Color drained from my face as he brought his fist up, ready to punch me.

Just as I was about to shout out for help, I watched his fist move back. My breathing quickened as my mouth felt dry.

Someone caught his fist before it collided with my face.

I watched that person shove the guy away. "Derrick." His familiar voice said, a powerful tone to his voice.

I knew from the way my body responded to him, his voice and movement that it was Max. He had saved me. I saw him move into the light and punch Derrick in one swift motion.

"Well look who's here." Derrick said from the floor. Whilst picking himself up.

Max kicked him back down to the floor.