4. Impossible

✨🌘✨

Im not sure how long we stayed like that, just staring into each others eyes. His cold ones filled with emotions I couldn't decipher. I couldn't move nor speak as I mentally took note at how attractive he was. It was unlike me to feel this way towards his kind.

Growing up in a home that despised their kind had a massive impact on my judgement towards them. They vowed to protect us in exchange for servitude and yet that didn't stop my uncle from being ripped apart like an animal.

And yet here I was, admiring not just any Wolven but their, King.

"Liv?" Tristan whispered down at me, worry dripping from his voice. It pulled me out of my trance and back into reality.

I looked around, everything was now silent as all eyes were on me. Curiosity in every single gaze. I wanted to disappear right then, for the earth to swallow me whole and leave no proof that I was ever here.

I quickly faced the ground, ashamed of what I had done. I had looked the, Wolven King in the eyes. It was starting to settle in, the seriousness of what I had just done.

It made it worse that it was him I had kicked back in the woods. It was him who had chosen not to murder me. My thoughts were spiralling out of control as the scene around me took dominance over my mind, bringing me back to reality.

I felt my heart beat faster as my body began to tremble. The King slowly approached, heading towards the spot where I stood frozen. I flinched when a growl reverberated through his chest.

"Get your fucking hands off her!" He shouted, taking me off guard. I flinched and Tristan instantly obeyed, bringing his hand back to his side.

A wave of warmth went to my core at the sound of his voice even though it terrified me. His voice was so deep and caressing, I couldn't control my bodies reaction to it. But in the same instance, I was frightened at how close he was to us.

To me.

I felt tingles on my chin as the King's fingers made contact. Gently he lifted my gaze back up to him. He just stared into my frightened, cobalt eyes but said nothing.

My body finally relaxed when he carried on walking to the platform where his throne was sat. From the corner of my eye I could see all the wolves bow their heads in their King's direction but I didn't dare look up.

I was confused at how angry he acted to Tristan's arm around my waist rather than the fact I had looked at him. Instead he wanted me to look at him.

"Tonight, we are celebrating the first shift of our matured pups under the power of the blue moon..." my stomach spiralled as he spoke, more warmth flooding my core as I felt slightly damp between my legs.

"... When the moon is at its highest peak In the sky the ritual shall begin. But for now you are all welcome to celebrate!"

A horn blew and drums sounded as wolves brought their mates to the centre and began to dance with the beat of the drum.

"What was that about?" Tristan's hands were balled into fists and he seemed furious. His jaw ticked as he breathed out heavily.

"I have no idea." I whispered. "Let's just do what we came here for and then we never have to see them again."

That seemed to work as he visibly calmed down, nodding his head.

"I'll see you after?"

I nodded to Tristan as he left to resume his duties. I quickly grabbed a tray of drinks and began walking around, keeping my eyes to the ground as wolves grabbed from the tray.