NOT AN UPDATE: A sneak peak

This is a sneak peak into a vampire book I have just published

Please be aware this is going to be an extremely dark book and is nothing to do with the Wolven King.

I hope you'll check it out if you enjoy this sneak peak.

༺1༻

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

Silence.

Silence surrounds me like a thick blanket, blocking me from the outside world as I lay back on the couch, my head resting comfortably on the arm rest, my legs draped over the other one. My eyes scan the book I'm reading with fascinating and excitement. I rush through the flurry of words as I turn to the next page to find out what happens next.

The library is the only place I can find quiet freedom away from my hectic home life. In other words it gave me a break from my brothers. This place is like an escape from the constant worry and protectiveness my three brothers possess.

I feel like I've been reading for an hour when in reality it's been a lot longer. I finally lift my head from the book to notice it is dark out, rain tapping on the glass as it falls from the night sky.

"Excuse me, miss." My eyes focus in on the old librarian. Her grey hair is over one shoulder, her brown eyes warm as she says, "I'm sorry but we're closing now."

I sit up, bringing my legs to the floor and stretch, raising the book in the air as my arms lift over my head. A yarn escapes my lips whilst answering, "Of course, no problem." I stand to my feet, walking to the book shelf and placing my book in the small gap I had made when I pulled it out.

I guess I'll have to find out what happens tomorrow.

I grab my bag from the floor and reach in to grab my phone. When I finally manage to find it, the signal shows no bars. It's most likely a consequence of the rain which seems to be coming down much more heavier.

Shit. I wouldn't be able to call my brothers for a ride.

That was always a rule with them. Whenever I went anywhere I always had to have a lift from one of them...

...But not tonight.

A sigh escapes my lips as dread washes over me, realising I didn't have a coat nor an umbrella.

Absolutely brilliant. Way to go Rose.

I place my hand on the glass door, knowing that soon I would be drenched. I turn to face the old librarian as she approaches the door, "Goodbye." I say softly, then walk out into the freezing cold rain, the wind whipping at my skin and causing my ebony hair to stick to my face.