Introduction

There's one thing that I see and hear a lot in writer circles. And it's the dreaded second-guessing. The fear that one's own work isn't good enough. That their voice isn't unique enough. That their words aren't crisp enough, professional enough, amazing enough, groundbreaking enough.

On the tail end of that fear, is the inability to write words. Which is a damn shame, because that's what we do, right? We're writers. We write words. I'm writing words right now. You know how? Because I have a mantra.

Write fucking words now.

The original cover of this book was a picture of a page I keep bookmarked in my bullet journal

The original cover of this book was a picture of a page I keep bookmarked in my bullet journal. It's a note to me, from me. And when I find myself staring at a blank page or making excuses or lamenting that I can't write, I take a deep breath and have a look at that page.

Thanks, past me.

I wrote a chapter in Emily's Hurricane on writer's block, and how a big part of overcoming mine (or what I thought was mine) was dealing with the fear of failure. You know what helps slay that fear? A swift kick in the ass.

So that's what I'm here to do. This book isn't going to have writing tips, or workshops, or anything like that. Its purpose is to invigorate you to write words. Be it a six-word sentence or a full-blown chapter, I want to help you write every. Single. Day.

Sergeant Hurricane has entered the building, and she's about to whoop your ass. Drop and write me fifty, bitch.

 Drop and write me fifty, bitch