|--- The Procrastination Station ---|

We writers are procrastinators. See how I posted the first three bits of the Finding Your Process chapters, and haven't yet finished the last two before posting this? These things happen. 

Some are worse procrastinators than others, as we are all beautiful and unique snowflakes. But based on all of my interactions with other writers, it's easy to see that we have a special knack for putting things off.

If you search the hashtag #shouldbewriting on Twitter, you will find all kinds of things that writers are doing instead of writing. It's easy to put it off, because we are lonely creatures that have to kick our own asses to do our job. Sometimes that's hard! I know it, you know it.

Like right now, you're reading this instead of working on your MS. Caught you!

I've found that I feel all around better about my procrastinating if I use it to be productive towards everything else that goes into being a writer without actually writing words. Like reading this book, to get inspiration to write words!

Now, I know that the point of all of this is to get you writing. I'm supposed to be the proverbial gun to your head, splattering your ideas all over the computer screen. But I know that regardless of how much inspiration I blow up your ass, that you will still procrastinate sometimes.

So here, at the procrastination station, I'll be talking about different things that you can do while you're putting off writing that will still be productive to your writing life. Go ahead and make some coffee, and get ready to effectively procrastinate!

 Go ahead and make some coffee, and get ready to effectively procrastinate!

Chapters

Networking

The Writer's Notebook