04. Colour My Perspective (Rikkard Ambrose POV)

Interesting suggestion

Interesting suggestion. This was the first time I had ever heard of the colorblind soulmate AU so I read fanfics from other fandoms to get a general idea of it works.

I dont know if I correctly wrote out what anon suggested in parenthesis. But to make up for it, I tried to one-up their request. I figured this prompt would make for an...interesting read from Rikkard Ambrose's POV (even though there's already countless fanfics written in this style). This was definitely tougher to write than Lilly's POV but I tried my best to make it CLOSELY PARALLEL the Ambrose POV chapter from Book 1.

**Text in bold font is dialogue taken from the series and belongs to Robert Thier.**

— — —

'Ah! Would you just look at that! What a sight to see! There's just no place like London! No place like it whatsoever! Don't you agree, Sir?'

Silence.

'Just listen to those sounds! Nothing else has ever felt so welcoming! It's a treat for the ears! Isn't it wonderful, Sir?'

Silence.

'Can you smell that? Just take a whiff of that fresh sea air, Sir! Air so fresh! No air like that anywhere else! What do you think, Sir?'

Silence.

'I've been all over the world. I've travelled everywhere there is to see. The coasts of Brazil, the islands in the West, all European ports, but there is no place as wonderful as home. Isn't it nostalgic, Sir?'

My head slowly turned to meet the Captain's bright smile. Cold eyes drilled into his.

'What exactly, Captain? The fog, the people yelling, or the pollution?'

His smile didn't diminish as I expected. 'Everything,of course! Isn't it great to be returning to England, Mr Ambrose?' He clapped a wrinkled hand on my shoulder.

In lieu of a dagger, I used my eyes. They dug into his hand still grasping my shoulder, then at him. I said nothing as the seconds ticked by.

Eighteen seconds...

Forty-two seconds...

One minute and twenty-five seconds...

Two minutes and seven seconds...

His smile faded and he withdrew his hand. 'Um...I will go check on the rest of the, er, crew.'

He retreated. I didn't bother glancing at his departing form. I stared out at the approaching harbour, growing bigger with every passing minute.

'Sahib?'

'Yes?' I addressed the man standing behind me. I still didn't move.

'The Captain says we're close to docking, Sahib.'