Chapter One: The New Butler

Almost everyone in the mansion was in a state of terror after receiving the news that you are finally going back home after two months of vacation from Europe.

"I heard Miss Y/N is coming back," whispered one of the gossip maids, Mia to Irish, who was another maid.

"What?" Irish gasped in surprise, her palm covering her mouth, "That sucks. This is goodbye to freedom, I guess," she purred lowly, and Mia nodded in agreement, as both of them livid with dissatisfaction.

"Stop murmuring around and get back to work, ladies," Jimin interrupted, his arms crossed over his chest, and his eyebrows furrowed while watching the two maids gossip about you.

"Y-Yes, Mister Park," stuttered Mia with her cheeks burning red. The two maids walked apart and immediately went back to cleaning.

Most servants hated you for your attitude as they always thought you were a bossy, snobby, rich and spoiled little brat. That provoked them to gossip about you, non-stop. While Park Jimin, he was always loved by the workers and especially by the young single maids for he is a smart, breathtakingly handsome gentleman. However, you haven't met him yet, since you were away for months when he applied as a butler a week after your departure.

⊱ ──────────── ⊰

The limousine halted across the mansion, and the butlers gathered up to carry your belongings. You assumed they were the newly hired workers as they looked foreign to you. "Thank you." You smiled at the young servant, and he just bowed down in embarrassment as a response.

They dragged your belongings towards the manor, and your personal maid, Anais, approached you with an umbrella in her hand. "Welcome back, Miss Y/N." She lifted her grey dress with an apron atop and bent her knees, bowing her head.

You giggled softly, "Thank you, Anais. I missed you," you said, holding yourself back from embracing her. She has been your personal maid ever since you were seven, and the only friend you made in the mansion. However, your father forbade you to make friends with any of the servants.

"I missed you too," Anais said, smiling hugely. She wasn't upset at you for not hugging her, because she knew the existing boundaries in the mansion. If someone violated the rules, they will be punished severely. "You're ought to go inside now as your father demands to see you."

A sigh escaped your mouth, feeling a bit frustrated. You hated how your older sisters got to freely live their own lives, while you were left to obey your father's rules and let him control over your life.

You stomped your way inside his executive office, wearing such a displeased expression. As much as your father gets on your nerves, you still tried to show some courtesy by relaxing and composing yourself to listen. "What is it, father?"

"There is someone I need you to meet," he said, planting his hands above his desk. A serious look was obvious on his face. You clenched your hands and gritted your teeth as your eyes closed, awaiting for your father's next words. "You can now enter, Park Jimin," he demanded.

Turning around, you watched the door open as it revealed a young man in a butler suit. You were taken aback, not because of how extremely attractive he was, but because you thought your father was about to set you up with another man again.

Jimin walked futher inside the office and bowed down immediately to you, "Good day, my lady," he greeted. You were out of words for a moment, until you finally registered reality.

"Uh, hi?" You said a bit hesitant.

"From now on, Jimin will be your personal butler. He'll be in charge of taking care of you and will be responsible for protecting you," your father explained.

You were confused all of a sudden. It wasn't clear to you as to why you needed a new personal butler again and someone to protect you when you already have Anais to do that.

"But sir, Anais-" your words was cut off as your father interrupted you.

"Silence," he said, "I'm afraid Anais is not capable enough of doing all the things for you. This is why I assigned Jimin to look after you while I'm away."

You huffed through your nose as you glanced at the butler in front of you. It was useless to keep him, assuming that he'd probably resign in a couple of weeks after serving you, at least that's what you thought.

"Fine." You rolled your eyes as you no longer protested. You stood up from the chair to walk out of your father's office, and Jimin was quick to follow after you.

"My lady, I have prepared your bath," he said.

"No, I'm tired," you refused to his idea as you subsided yourself on your bed instead. It was quiet for a moment, and you thought he would leave you alone and adhere to what you said, but you were wrong. He lingered on his spot, looking at you as you laid on the mattress.

"I can assure you that the bath will put you at ease, now go into the tub and relax yourself. Besides, you've been out for hours wearing the same clothes," he said, but being the stubborn lady you were, you ignored him and kept your eyes closed. "My lady," he called.

Your ears pricked up as he called you. You didn't know why, but the way he addressed you was so comforting to hear. Except he was being really annoying for pushing you to bathe.

Never in your life a butler of yours pushed you into doing something you refused to do. It was either they would easily follow you or leave you alone to do whatever you want. However, Park Jimin was different from them. It seemed as if he was also bossing you around, and you thought he was interesting. His bold and confident demeanor made you want him to stay being your personal butler. He is what you needed.

You sat up on your bed, a smile playing on your lips as you looked at him, "Okay, I'll take a bath. You can leave now," you said.

Jimin didn't buy that. He was staring at you, thinking you'd probably just go back to bed once he leaves.

"Unless you want to see me naked."