Chapter Two: Dinner

Jimin fought the urge to roll his eyes at your words, but he remained calm as he needed to stay professional, otherwise his plan would instantly go downhill.

He released a sigh as though he lost his respect for you, however, he found your little teasing interesting and thought there was something different about you among the members of the elites. Based on his personal judgement, your qualities didn't equal to the traits of a classy lady. In fact, you were the complete opposite of a noblewoman.

"I beg your pardon, withal your humor is what I should be ware," Jimin said, his hand on his forehead as though he didn't want to deal with you any longer.

The way he was formally talking vexed you, and you have had enough of anyone talking seemly like he did. You sighed, "Jimmy, can I ask you a favor?"

Jimin could no longer resist rolling his eyes the moment you uttered his name wrong. "If I may correct you, it's Jimin," he said 'Jimin' with a huge emphasis, quoting his name with his fingers.

"I'm sorry, Jimin," you said, putting an emphasis on his name to show him you got it correctly this time. "As I was saying, can I ask you a favor? A very simple favor."

His eyes narrowed for moment, pondering on what could that favor be. However, he knew he should obey whatever your orders are, no matter how good or risky it is. "Aye, anything for my lady."

You inhaled sharply before uttering a word, "You don't have to speak so formally with me," you said, looking at his now troubled expression. At one glance, you knew he was hesitating to agree to that favor. "I also don't like to be treated as if I'm a princess. If possible, I'd like to be friends with you now that you're my personal butler."

Jimin exhaled with his eyes closed, "It is your father's order to treat you with authority, my lady. I shall not defy him nor his rules," he said.

You crossed your arms and scrunched your face at the thought of your father trying to control everything again. "Well Jimin, you're serving me now, thus you have to follow my orders from now on," you said, assertively, "but that doesn't mean that I'll abuse this power against you."

He was silent for a good moment until he placed an arm on his middle and ducked his head down, "Aye, my lady."

⊱ ──────────── ⊰

Soft knocks on your door was heard as you were brushing down your hair in front of the mirror. "You may enter," you said.

You heard the door opened and closed, followed by a faint noise of footsteps approaching. "My lady, your father has sent me here to tell you to dress elegantly tonight as Master Jeon is arriving and joining you for dinner," he said. You flinched, and you were enraged at the mention of Jeon Jungkook's name, he was the last person you wanted to see that evening.

Jimin noticed how your expression changed from calm to exasperated. He had no clue about your connection to Jungook, but he knew who he is and the persona he holds. Being familiar in the business industry, he learned that the Jeons is one of the notorious businessmen in the crazy world of elites, and not to mention, one of his step-father's biggest competitors.

"Thank you, Jimin," you said faintly, suddenly feeling sick to your stomach. "Please call Anais for me."

"Yes, my lady." He slightly bowed his head down before he turned around his way to leave your room.

As soon as your door closed, you gripped tightly on your hair brush as you stared at yourself in the mirror. You felt angry, and you could feel the urge to misbehave that evening. There was no way you would agree to marry a man like him; a man who is self-absorbed and only cares about money and social standing.