Frantic Phone Calls

For a couple of minutes, I just stayed in place, shocked beyond belief.  First of all, I found myself microscopically attracted to Vincent.  Second, Jason shows up and drags me away.  Third, Jason goes all patriarchal psycho.  And finally, I think I just got Danni killed, or my best friend Jessie.

And what did Jason mean by "Last Resort"? I've never heard that phrase before.

Figuring that there was really nothing that I could do, I trudged up the stairs to the bedroom.  I made sure to lock the door behind me and then lied down on the bed, staying above the covers.  I even kept all my clothes on, including my shoes.  There was really no point in trying to get comfortable in Jason's house, considering that as long as I'm near him, I'll be tense and afraid.

I don't know how long I just lied there on Jason's bed, staring up at the white ceiling, making figures from the popcorn style.  Eventually I drifted off to sleep.

My eyes began to flutter as sunlight filtered through the window.  I stretched out my limbs, listening in satisfaction as my legs popped.

"Morning Mate," I heard Jason murmur, sleep still fighting to hold onto him.

I shot upward, realizing that I was now under the covers, with my shoes removed.  I could feel the rest of my clothes on me though.  I looked down at Jason, who was lying next to me, his muscled arm draped over my waist.  I could tell he was shirtless because his bare shoulders were visible.

When he caught me looking at him, his mouth pulled into a smile and his canines glimmered in the sunlight, showing me how strong and powerful they were.

I just smiled shyly at him, scared as fuck to be near him right now.  My heartbeat sped up, and of course he had to hear it.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked, concern all over his face.  He sat upright, wrapping both of his arms around me.  "Tell me what's bothering you."

My first instinct was to just shrug him off, saying nothing was wrong.  But of course he wouldn't believe me.  "What's the Last Resort?" I asked.

The look on Jason's face told me it was something very serious.  His mouth fell open and his eyes widened.  As he held me close to him, I felt his own heartbeat start to go into overdrive.  He's afraid of something, that's for sure.

"You don't have to worry yourself about that now," he said, moving away from me.  He got off the bed and moved towards the dressers, grabbing a white t-shirt, which stretched over his bulk.

"What aren't you telling me?" I asked, getting out of the bed myself.  I followed Jason as he walked out of the room and into the kitchen.  He wouldn't even look me straight in the face right now.

"It's nothing," he growled, telling me to drop the subject.

"Then I'll just ask another wolf," I huffed, throwing my arms up in the air.

"No you won't!" Jason shouted, slamming his fist down on the counter, sending a large crack throughout it.

I held up my hands in surrender.  "Okay," I whimpered.  "I'll drop it."

A smile returned to Jason's face, but it was relieved, not happy.  "Good," he said.  He walked over to me and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in to kiss my forehead.  Then he looked down at my face, that smile turning into a genuine, full-blown grin.  "I love you, you know that, right?"

Not really.  So far Jason's acted like a complete jackass, not someone who loves me.  Now there's no doubt in my mind that Vincent loves me.  I just nodded, which Jason seemed to be satisfied with.