The Obligatory Big Fat Thank You

Well now, that title seems to say it all. So let's get started with the theatrics, shall we?

First off, I want to thank God for giving me the ability to write. For giving me completely intact fingers and a perfectly functioning brain (although it tends to teeter towards the insane side, occasionally).

I want to thank my family (especially the crazy little sister) for giving so much support in my writing. I won't apologise for being the weird one in a family full of businessmen, engineers and doctors though.

And last but not least, I want to thank you, my dear readers, who have made this writing journey worth it. Thank you for choosing to follow the first part of Constantine's journey to the end. Thank you all so much for being such amazing supporters. Without a doubt, I couldn't have made it here without all of you. And no matter how big or how small you are, just know that I appreciate you. You guys will be my Champions, always.

Now, in answer to some questions you surely have in your mind. Yes, there will be a sequel. Constantine is the first book in the Daughter of War trilogy, and the working title for the next book is Legacy.

As to when I'm posting it? Not so soon. By that, I mean definitely not in the next few months. I do apologise in advance, but Constantine was an emotionally draining book to write. I just need to take a break from it for a while.  Plus, it's not perfect. In fact, I'm practically cringing at it right now. And I intend on getting it featured. So, I'll be busying myself with tons of edits and fixing-ups of plot holes.

Don't mope though! See that pretty graphic up there? Well, it's going to be the cover for my next project: Song of the Piper! The idea of a fairy tale retelling has been picking at my mind for a really long time, and now seems like an excellent opportunity to put that plan into motion. Here's the blurb:

Magic once flowed through the earth, pulsed through it, giving it life. Life ended ten years ago for the town of Hamelin.

Not only did he lead children away, but the Pied Piper has robbed many towns of the magic that was their fuel. No one knows who he is, or where he came from, only that he is the source of the plague that ravages the land.

Sixteen year-old Klaudia, the lame girl who had been left behind all those years ago, is the unfortunate target of the people's frustration. To them, she is a living curse, a mark of their misfortune. Desperate to escape her miserable life, she accepts a marriage proposal from the mysterious Lord Himmel, whose lands are one of the few that haven't been devastated just yet.

Reintroduced into the world of magic, Klaudia finds her calling as a Core Magician, a powerful brand of sorcerers whose Affinities are among the most powerful in the world. But underneath the glamour and the luxury of Lord Himmel's castle lies a deadly secret – and Klaudia keeps hearing desolate screams from unseen denizens at night. Soon, Klaudia will learn that not everything is as it seems, and freedom will always come at a dangerous price.

So how do you feel? Hyped? Excited? I sure hope so! The expected posting date is early February. Please add this book to your reading list or follow me for updates on my next book! I definitely hope that I can see you guys on what is essentially an expression of my love for music!

Oh, and there's a very tentative little novella coming up. It's got zombified vampires, an apocalyptic environment, and parallel worlds. And I'm excited for it too!

In conclusion, thank you a billion times over (again) for being with me to the end of the story. And hey, if you have any further questions, just drop 'em down below!

Yours truly,
MissBookNut

P.S. In case you haven't noticed, I've already published Song of the Piper! It's right there on my profile. So why don't you guys check it out? #shamelessselfpromotion

P.P.S. As of 2020, I'm focusing on a project titled 'False Goddess', and it's up on my profile now! It's about a living goddess who hosts a demon instead, and she goes to unsavoury lengths to maintain her position. The story is inspired by the living kumari goddesses of Nepal and is set in a Nepali-based world. The cover is right below:

 The cover is right below:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/218918139-false-goddess