Prom Queen

I walked into the choir room with Santana and Lauren.

"I've been to the Ann Taylor Loft, Filenes basement, and like, six forever 21's, and I cannot find a dress that fits. I'm gonna he forced to make my own dress for prom." Lauren ranted.

"Don't you'll seem poor." Brittany commented.

"You're up for queen. You can make your prom dress. Prom is like our oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives." Santana went off.

"What about getting married?" Lauren asked.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want. You only have one junior prom." Quinn said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes asked coming in late.

"Prom dresses." Lauren informed.

"Thank god I don't have to worry about that, I'm not going." Mercedes said.

"Why not?" Kurt asks surprised.

"Because nobody's asked me." Mercedes said simply.

"All right guys- prom." Mr. Shue started.

"Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom." Sam begged. I looked behind me to give him a look.

"What?" I say simply.

"Nope. We are the prom. Figgins has asked us to perform." Mr. Shue was interrupted.

"Let's do run, Joey, run." Rachel suggests.

"Ha! Ya, Finn, Noah, you up for that? I'll just go call Jesse and see if he can come fly down and it will be a more disastrous part two." I say with extra enthusiasm.

"No, I know this ain't ideal with nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And we could really use the money. But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I'm gonna make sure all of us guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So, we're gonna stagger the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates." Mr. Shue finishes with a smile.

"Excuse me." Mercedes mumbles, walking out of the room.

"Is she okay?" He asks.

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom." Quinn explains.

"So? I don't have a date. I'm just going to dance, and then all your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so... your dates are really my dates." Brittany announces.

"Uh... I also don't have a date." I say awkwardly after what Brittany had just said.

"I'm gonna go talk to Mercedes." Kurt says.

"No. Let me." Rachel goes after her.

After school we're at the dressing room in McKinley, waiting for some of the girls so show us what they've found.

"Ladies, I appreciate you welcoming me into the sacred inner sanctum that is the prom gown dry run." Kurt thanks.

"Why did we decide to include Kurt?" Brittany asks.

"Because getting a look past him is like getting a thumbs up from Joan and Melissa Rivers. It just might goose out pre-prom buzz factor." Tina finishes just as Lauren starts to walk out my face morphs into one of disgust and pure hatred. The gown she is currently wearing is a yellow, ruffled, dress with fake fur fabric hanging off her shoulders.

"I look like a lemon meringue pie." Lauren comments.

"Yeah. A lemon meringue pie that went bad a month ago that some homeless man found, dumpster diving." I added.