33 ❀ Red lens

Ezra POV

          Ezra POV

     The sheer terror and fury that courses through my veins is more powerful than anything I've ever felt in my whole useless existence.

     I'm shifted, though I don't remember doing that, and I'm killing like I've never killed before.

    Blood is everywhere, it is everything, splattering any surface in sight with a crimson sheen, or maybe that's just me seeing through a red lens, I wouldn't be surprised.

     My teeth ache, my vision blurs as I take care of the rogues, ending lives left and right without mercy, without a pause.

     I need them dead, every last one of them.

     I just bulldoze the pathetic wolves to nothing without even trying.

     When Klepto fell to the ground, I couldn't think, my body shook and my instincts took over.

     I guess that's when I shifted, roaring my pain at the sight of my injured mate laying in the snow.

     Even now, I don't know if she lives or if she's gone.

     My brain works on automatic, clearing the woods of life, and before I know it I, run out of rogues to destroy and the only sound is of my panting.

     I growl low in my throat, rumbling like a motorboat as I go to stand over my mate.

     My head isn't screwed on straight, I can't think clear long enough to focus on shifting back down so I can check if she's alright.

     I bend closer to her, looking down between my paws where my mate lays motionless, her body so small in comparison to my enormous size.

     The only emotion I can conjure up is anger and an overwhelming sense of fear that makes it hard to breathe.

     The idea of losing Klepto makes me get dizzy all of the sudden, and I have to squeeze my eyes shut.

     A noise draws my attention to the left, and before I can even see who it is I snap, snarling viciously and charging.

     I have to protect her, I have the protect my mate.

     "What the hell?" I let out a furious growl as I stare down at Reid, my paws digging into the snow covered ground, stepping over the countless corpses littering the forest floor.

     "Ezra, what happened?!" My answer is a snarl.

     This lycan is a threat to my mate. If he gets any closer, I'll end him here and now.

     The idea of him being within reaching distance of Klepto makes me fill to the brim with wrath.

     He's dangerous, he could hurt her.