58 ❀ Old enemy

Klepto POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

           Klepto POV

     I frantically search around the kitchen for a rag while an endless stream of giggles echoes off the walls. Trying hard not to roll my eyes, I discover a roll of paper towels and tear off a few squares before slamming shut a cabinet.

     Shaking my head, I give my little brother's an exasperated look.

     "Now, I really don't know what you find so funny about this." I grumble while I mop up the mess of apple juice that they spilled all over the counter.

     Felix stifles a laugh while Daniel lets his giggles out unabashedly, almost falling to the ground.

     My baby siblings decided it would be a hilarious prank to pull on me to dump their glasses of juice on the counter. They reacted like it's some sort of amazing, practical joke.

     They thought themselves genius pranksters, when in reality they are just two silly pups.

     I had to bite my tongue to keep from lashing out. This is, in fact, what I signed up for when I made the choice to bring them along with me. I am basically their mother now.

     Also, I had to remind myself that so far their childhood was strained with my mother taking care of them. Well... as much "care" as she can give, which wasn't much. They did have many moments to be goofy and let loose.

     This is the childhood they deserve. A childhood I didn't get to have.

     So, I wordlessly wipe the counters clean and take a deep breath while they run up stairs, their little voices still boisterous with insane amounts of energy.

     We had our own house now. It's just Ezra, Daniel, Felix, and I under one roof. The simple home is a dream come true. It's quaint and tranquil, perfect for relaxation. That is as long as the boys behaved themselves.

     The house we called home is like all the houses on the pack land, secluded.

     It had only been a few days since we'd officially been inducted into the Slate Penumbra Pack. Everything was smooth sailing from there.

     Ezra is a Gamma now. He's often busy with something, running around the pack to take care of things. I see him every morning and every night. Sometimes he comes home in the afternoon as well, which is always a welcome surprise.

     My mate has his own office in a building with Alpha Veiler and Savannah. It felt funny being in his office and knowing that he is a male in charge now.

     The job fit Ezra very well. I knew without a doubt that he would be amazing at it, but seeing it in action is a whole other story.

     Authority just looks good on him. Of course, being a lycan he always had an aura of authority, but when he's giving orders and being all large and in charge it sent electricity through me.