Chapter 4

Chapter Four - Found

I wake up suddenly, gasping for air. Looking around as I catch my breath, my shoulders slump when I recognize the familiar surroundings of the abandoned cottage. So, it wasn't a dream.

Standing, I make my way to the door and step out. My body is sore from sleeping on concrete and I'm starving, my stomach growling lowly. Wrapping an arm around my tummy, my brows furrow in confusion when I find it to be dark still. The sky is now filled with clouds that are a dark grey but there is no sunlight to be found. It's like the clouds are a blanket and even if the sun wanted to slip past, they wouldn't let it.

Trying not to burst into tears, I start my trek to find a way out of this forest. I come across a stream, the same lake I teleported to last night and more clearings. Confusingly enough, I don't hear any animals. It's eerily silent with only the wind caressing my cheeks. Feeling paranoid, I increase my pace.

I all but shout in relief when I break through the treeline after what seems like hours of walking. There are fields upon fields of grass in front of me with a narrow road in between them. I start making my way towards it. It's bordered by stone walls on either side and I lean over it to see nothing but greenery on either side. No hint of civilization meets my eyes. Sighing, I decide to walk along the road and pray that somebody will drive past and give me a lift.

After what I believe to be half an hour or more to have passed, I suddenly hear a loud noise in the distance. Looking back, I see multiple black cars driving down the hill and I stop walking. I wave my hands in the air, trying to catch their attention as they drive past, yelling that I need help and pleading for them to stop.

Thankfully, one of them does and the rest follow suit. I walk over just in time for the door to open and see a tall man get out. Immediately, I feel this strange sensation in my body, like something is pulling me to him. His chocolate brown eyes roam over me in curiosity but when our eyes meet, that's when everything changes. His shine bright red and all I hear are my beasts, Ivanna and Zoya, murmuring the word "mate" in realization.

I step back in shock, an action that he doesn't seem to appreciate. He snarls, marching towards me and pulling me flush against his chest. I bite my lip when the skin contact feels like my body is rejoicing; as if I had been missing a piece to the puzzle my whole life. He has no body heat and it immediately makes me shiver, realizing that he's a vampire. I stare up at him, still reeling from everything that's happened and now this.

"I've finally found you, my beloved." He murmurs low enough for just us to hear, staring down at me in awe.

The bright red orbs die down to a warm brown which eases my nerves a little. He has dark brown hair, light stubble and his build is very muscular. All his features are sharp and angular, it's like he was carved to perfection. He's dressed in a black suit with a crimson colored tie and handkerchief. It looks like he's just come back from an event.

"Come on." I'm brought out of my admiration when he tugs on my hand and starts pulling me towards the car.

"I-I have to get back."

He stills, turning back to me with a confused expression. "What are you doing all the way out here anyway?"

I'm about to explain when I notice everyone standing around us and listening in. Remembering that I can't tell anybody about my gifts, I shut my mouth. He catches on and orders everyone to get back in their cars and that he's driving alone with me. I get into the passenger seat while he starts the car and follows the others.