Thirty

~M.~

I watched the news carefully as a reporter was debunking Mariah Dubois' statements about Belles abduction. Hershel laid on my desk and watched as well.

I smirked as he was quick to bring up the pictures Belle had taken tying her to the mafia.

I had managed to keep my organized crime reputation out of the media for the most part. Many people were just concerned about me destroying their business.

A knock at my door sounded and I told whoever it was to come in.

"Sir, we've picked up the gift for Mrs. Milano." I smirked as she followed my instruction I had given to the guards and workers.

She placed the large box on my desk and I sighed while thanking her.

I stared at the box in moderate distaste. Hershel sniffed at it and sneered. I nodded in agreement while I pet him quickly.

I proceeded to pick it up and started looking for my woman.

Hershel followed me. It was funny to think of really. Belle owned Hershel and me as well. She practically walked around with my balls in her hand and that should surely worry anyone who angers her.

A bullet between the eyes would suffice.

I opened our room to see in her undergarments, looking through her dresses.

"Hey, hun." She called over her shoulder and I tore my gaze from her ass.

"You tempt me more and more everyday woman."

"That's my job," I watched her pull on a short sundress and refrained from complaining.

I placed the box down and wrapped myself around her. I kissed her knuckles like I had everyday for the past week.

"Catalina is finally coming back today. Her hip surgery had a longer recovery than they thought so everyone's coming over tonight. I was thinking- what's the box?" She quickly got distracted and peaked over my shoulder.

I hummed as I kissed down her throat, "present."

"Oooh," She wiggled out of my arms and quickly knelt to the box.

She grabbed the lid that had holes poked through it and lifted it only to gasp the loudest I've heard.

"Puppy, oh goodness it's a puppy." She rambled as she grasped the small ball of fur. She cooed and cradled the thing to her chest.

She met my gaze and gave me a wide smile

"A baby," she squealed and I sat in front of her on the bed. Hershel climbed into my lap, I guess him and I would have to deal with the new addition together.

"You got us a dog!" She threw herself into me as she clutched the dog. We tumbled into a heap as she sat on me.

"But you don't like dogs!"