Chap6(closure)

I noticed Henry coming my way, after I waved bye to Edwin and told him to go, so I turned my back towards him and waited for a taxi to appear so I can leave as fast as possible..

BUT to my luck!...

"It's great, isn't it?" he uttered, the moment his footsteps halted, right beside me.

I knew he expected some sort of response or reaction from me, so I remained silent and just kept looking away.

"A month after the divorce and you already found a man, now you can play house again right?"

"Henry please, just get back in and don't talk to me. Please!" I spat, not even sparing him a glance. Instead, I kept glaring to the far distance focusing on everything but also nothing in particular as I was trying to calm myself and not fight with him.

"WHY?! You said all you wanted and left, then appear out of no where to show me that you are happy.. Make it seem like I was the freaking wall that blocked your happiness!. You're happy that you got rid of me, AREN'T YOU?!"

"Henry" I uttered his name through gritted teeth before I turned to glare at him... I was trying to WARN him, to STOP him but a part of me knew there was no way, he was about to burst,  and so was I.

"HAPPY THAT HE IS RICH AREN'T YOU?! YOU WENT TO THEIR HOTEL ON PURPOSE SO YOU CAN GET A CHANCE TO MEET HIM! Oh, wait! Who knows what you did in a hotel for a month... Or maybe he is the reason for the divorce, in the first place!!"

I was getting accused by my ex-husband..
This is great!

JUST GREAT!

"I'm sorry, that you had to live with a low life_ that is me_ for five years; a woman that stays in a hotel for a month, god knows what she did there! A woman who goes after a man for his money. Oh! and a woman who divorces just because she fell for some man!" I spat, turning my whole body to face him, glaring fully but making sure to control the tone I used so I don't grab much attention our way and also not to infuriate him more.

"So you did fall for him!"

"Is that all you heard?" I turned my head away "Of course what can I expect from you to understand.."

I was trying to calm  myself  down; looking away from him, but he didn't allow me to, as my hand was pulled roughly to turn me to face him. His clenched jaw was now hanging low before his mouth parted "You fell for him, didn't you? That's why you left?" with a low tone almost like a whisper, like he was afraid that his voice won't allow him to hear the answer to the question he threw at me.

I noticed how his eyes trained on me waiting patiently for an answer with a now much more steady but shaky breath coming out from his parted lips "I loved him" I answered like a punch in his gut making his hold on my hand loosen a bit "Loved him for years but we parted ways when I was twenty. I met Ivy later on, and you know the rest" I took a hold of his wrist and pushed his hand away from mine slowly.

"At the age of twenty-two, I lost another friend of mine but this time to death. And there was a two-year-old baby that was left behind, I couldn't just turn away, heal and then have the time of my life when I was worried about his own life... I helped you take care of him for two years then we got married for one reason... And that is Louis... But now that the reason is gone, now that he doesn't need me anymore. In fact, he needs me to leave, so here... I left.." I threw my hands in the air then put them back to my side "I've waited nine years, Henry, nine freaking years of my life! I was going to go to him the moment I was back on track, but, I met Ivy and trust me... I wish I never did"