Chapter 9

A message from an unknown number woke me up. “Are you alright?” the message said leaving me bewildered as nothing has happened to me as far as I remember.

“Yeah, I am! But do I know you” I texted back and then kept my phone on the table and went inside the washroom to do my business and shower later. It took me good thirty minutes to come out of the washroom and get dressed in a pair of jeans and a shirt with matching sneakers. After getting ready and applying some makeup on my face I looked back at my phone and realized I was late for school. Just when I thought that I’d have to go alone I received a call from amber asking me to come out of my house so that we can head to school. So I went downstairs and quickly grabbed a bread and banana for myself and went out of the house locking it behind me because my mother has gone out for vacations in Bali.

“Hey” I called Amber and got inside the car. After exchanging a few words I unlocked my phone to check messages. There were seven from Brian, three from mom, and one from the unknown known number who had previously messaged me. As curious as I was I opened the single text first.

We just met at a movie yesterday.
I helped you!

- UNKNOWN

“Holy fuck” I yelled in excitement. It is him. Yeah, it is him. I got overly excited and Amber looked at me confused.

“What happened?” she asked

Should I tell her? HELL NO! If she gets to know about him she’ll screw it up.

“No-th-inggg” I stammered

I hate lying to her but not lying to her would be even worse. I really wanna see how this one ends and amber’s overly dramatic nature would screw it up.

Oh, it's you.
Thanks for yesterday.
You really saved me from falling.

-ME

I never thought I’d crush over someone at a bar, spill coffee over him at a café, share a seat next to him at theatres and then get a message from him the next day. Well, I cannot ask for more filmy life than this.

Is he going to ask me on a date or better propose me?

I’m thinking far too much I reminded myself again and kept my phone inside my purse.