28.

A/N: hello! This story is reeeaally nearing its end and more and more of you keep reading this, which is insane! Thank you so much. I hope you all stick around for the next one 😊

Camila is scrolling through her Instagram, a habit she has unfortunately picked up in the last few days, as she keeps thinking about Lauren's text. She still hasn't replied to it. She doesn't know how to. In between scrolling and liking pictures, she keeps going back to their conversation.

Lauren [18:13]: you like me?

She has probably read this text about twenty times. Or a hundred. She might have lost count. It should be easy to reply. Just a simple 'yes' would suffice, since Lauren has obviously heard her entire speech. It's currently half past eight, so approximately two hours later she has still only stared at the text.

As she's staring at the text once again, for the hundred and first time, she suddenly receives another text, making her phone vibrate and beep, which causes her to drop it on her face.

"Ow, fuck," she swears as she takes it off her face and touches her eye. That might become a bruise.

She opens the text and sees it's from Ally, which is kind of odd, since Ally is more so a caller than a texter. She likes to always have direct communication, she says.

Ally [20:34]: Hello Camila, I hope you are doing better. I know that fight must have really hurt your feelings and I hope you and Lauren can overcome it as friends. However, I do need to talk to you guys and I would really appreciate it if you could come around to my place right now.

Attached to the text is a little map of where Camila guesses Ally's place must be. Seconds after another text follows.

Ally [20:35]: it's quite urgent. I'm sorry to disturb you relatively late in the evening, but it would be very nice of you to show up.

Obviously, Camila was going to go, but not before she was going to overthink the absolute shit out of what this might be about. She quickly shoots Ally a text back as she gets up from the bad and calls a taxi.

Speaking of overthinking, a couple of miles away, Lauren was wrecking her brain as to what Ally's text could possibly mean. Are they going to get fired? Did their plan just mess up their jobs? Did they go too far? All these questions were racing through her mind as she was grabbing her stuff to leave to Ally's house.

At the same time, she also had Camila's speech and her lack of texting skills to worry about. Why hasn't she texted back yet? At the same time, she doesn't really know why she even wants a reply, she has heard Camila literally tell her she likes her. It might have been through a door, but Camila's voice will go through fucking diamonds, so she definitely heard it correctly.

She just couldn't believe it. She has been crushing on this girl for weeks, maybe even months and now it turns out that girl was crushing on her too. Those things never happen. Normally, when you have a crush on someone, you just look at them from a far and hope they look back at you, but in the end they never do and you die a lonely death. Right?

Right. Don't get her wrong, though. Lauren has absolutely not forgiven Camila for what she said yet. Only Normani knows about what happened between her and her mom, so for Camila to just throw that out there as if it means nothing completely betrayed her trust. It isn't even something she has personally shared with Camila. However, that might have actually made it worse, so that's a plus?

Of course, she understands that they were in the middle of a "fight" and that it had to get pretty rough, otherwise their point wouldn't have come across, but still, it didn't really feel like acting anymore. Although they had already been walking a pretty thin line in the acting department, since they were apparently both crushing on each other. Yay.