Prompt 29 || Word Prompt

Hello everyone and welcome to our newest prompt!

This week, we will be featuring a word prompt. You can interpret the prompt either literally or figuratively - the more creative, the better! Just please remember that your flash fiction entry can be only as long as a single comment (2 000 characters). And don't forget to have fun along the way!

*

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are nots listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the wonderful entries we received in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: originalverbivore

I get a reassuring nod from Talia before she walks through the doors into the room on the other side. From where I'm standing, I can already see the flashing lights and hear the booming music. My heart is beating along with it and I can feel my body temperature rising, but I tell myself to calm down. Just a girls night out, like Dakota had said. One night, because I'd stayed inside too long already, according to Talia. I could survive one night.

Although my sweaty palms and racing heart told me otherwise. It had been easy to say yes when it had just been the three of us, but standing before the entrance of the party was something wholly different. And walking over the doorstep was a much higher obstacle than I had anticipated.

"Jane?" Dakota asked. Her voice came from behind me and I could feel her hand on my back, pressuring me to walk on. "There's a line forming behind us."