Chapter 16

Ava's pov

Not knowing what else to do and it being late to turn around I continued to walk over to the table.

"Ava nice of you to join us" Damien spoke upon seeing my return.

Mr. Morgan and his company immediately turned around to my direction.

My boss seemed shocked to see me, but it went as fast as it appeared.

"Ava... I didn't know you were going to be here" Mr. Morgan spoke first.

"Hello Mr. Morgan. Damien decided to show me around" I responded not knowing if I should say I was on a date with one of his partners.

"Oh, I see. I'm sure you're enjoying what this city has to offer. Especially here, he's taken you to the best of the best'

This restaurant is absolutely superb can't find anywhere else like it"  Mr Morgan preached showing his love for the place.

"It is. It's wonderful" I nervously replied not truly knowing how to respond.

"This is my cousin Steven" Mr. Morgan directed his attention to the man that stood beside him.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ava"  I greeted with a polite smile while extending my hand for him to shake.

He shook my hand while saying" it's nice to meet you. You're Aiden's assistant, right?"

"Yes, I am" I replied pleasantly surprised he knew who I was.

Mr. Morgan must have mentioned it to him.

After our exchange Mr. Morgan continued to discuss business and a few other things with Damien.

His cousin also engaged in the conversation while I sat there not knowing what to do or say.

Deep down I wanted Damien to tell my boss that we were on a date or at least make up an excuse so that we can go back to our date.

Is was as if my prays were answered.

'Sir your table is ready' the butler that showed us our table earlier informed Mr Morgan

'Thank you Raymond' Mr. Morgan replied directing his attention shortly to the butler.

Raymond fits perfectly.

Mr. Morgan direction his eyes at me and said;
'Nice seeing you Ava, look forward to seeing you at work'

'Nice to see you too sir' I replied not fully knowing if I should say more, I decided it was best to just smile.

He said his goodbye to Damien before being directed by the butler to his reserved table, which was quite far away from our table.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

Damien noticed this ' must be nice seeing your boss while you're on a date' he said with a cheeky grin.

'It's nerve wracking' I replied being truthful.

He laughed and reached out to grab my hand.

I pulled my hand away playfully. Knowing what I was doing he grabbed my hand before I could fully move it away.

Being caught off guard by his action I let out a surprise squeal.

I looked around the restaurant in shame. Hoping I wasn't too loud.

Unfortunately for me it's like the whole restaurant heard me because all heads which were a few turned to my direction.

I hate to say it but my boss was also one of the people who looked over at my direction out of curiosity.