Reason 5

Reason 5. Wang Yibo is a chicken.

Xiao Zhan laughed at what he wrote. This man is truly a chicken ah! He's afraid of the ghosts and dark places. Who wants to have a boyfriend like that? Xiao Zhan was laughing at himself when he also realized something. Yibo's truly a chicken because he's too afraid to fight for something he should be fighting for. Like... Their relationship that went into crumbles.

Feeling upset all over again, Xiao Zhan frowned and took a chocolate bar.

It has been a week since the convenience store incident and people seemed to stopped minding it and at that time, Xiao Zhan never really left his apartment.

At least Xiao Zhan has chocolate to accompany him. He was quietly eating his chocolate as he heard a knock on the door. "Ah? Yu Bin, is that you? I haven't finished the commission yet," Xiao Zhan said as he went towards his door to opened it. No one replied and Xiao Zhan got confused. Is no one there?

He opened the door slowly and to his surprise once again, it's fucking Wang Yibo!

Xiao Zhan immediately panicked and close the door shut but it was blocked by Yibo's foot and hand. "Wait," Wang Yibo starts,"Hear me out."

Xiao Zhan was still pushing the door, trying to close it with force. "Hear you out? What are you gonna say? Awful things about me again?"

"No, it's just business Zhan!" Wang Yibo said rather loudly, his tone was frustrated and it was obvious he was feeling tired. "What business do you have to do with me? Didn't you want to cut every connect we had?" Xiao Zhan replied and his voice almost cracked and his lips were trembling.

"They're looking for an artist for a studio galleria, you're the best option," Wang Yibo explained. "I see," Xiao Zhan paused,"You're gonna use me again?"

"Zhan, you know I never used you," Wang Yibo replied and Xiao Zhan gritted his teeth. He gave a bitter laugh and said, "Really? Then tell me why you never gave me a reason why we broke up? Why can't you just..." Xiao Zhan's words died down and he was already sobbing. Wang Yibo didn't say anything at the other side.

"I," Yibo started but never finished his sentence. "You're always good at staying silent," Xiao Zhan wiped his tears and slowly opened the door.

He looked at Wang Yibo and said, "I don't need to hear your reasons, it won't change anything. So, this is will be the last time."

Wang Yibo gave Xiao Zhan an expression he can't explain. Was it sadness? Or Anger? Happiness? He didn't pay it to any attention.

"Zhan, thank you," Yibo replied and looked away. Xiao Zhan gave a dry chuckle, "Thanking me for what? Anyway, tell me the details, get inside," Xiao Zhan said and motioned at the side to make some space for Yibo to come in.

Yibo was actually surprised at Xiao Zhan's sudden move. He didn't say anything and slowly went inside.

You're asking why Xiao Zhan let him in? Even though the very man in front of him broke his heart? Why he gave this man another chance? Because Xiao Zhan always gives chances and the other man will always receive them.

They didn't know if the atmosphere around them was awkward or sad, it was hard to decipher.

Wang Yibo looked at the apartment Xiao Zhan lives in, he usually comes here when they were still together. Not a lot of things actually changed. He spotted a picture frame at the top shelf behind some old books, it was actually a picture of him in Xiao Zhan in a theme park. Yibo felt uneasy for a second.

Xiao Zhan led him to his personal art studio and sat down at the sofa. To Yibo's surprise, he saw a huge canvas covered with a black cloth. "So what is the studio galleria about?" Wang Yibo snapped out from his trance and replied, "It's actually an art exhibit, featuring different artworks and they would like you to be the organizer. You're also commissioned to paint some models and other idols. You can share your artworks there too."

Xiao Zhan stayed silent for a while and thought to himself. Wang Yibo patiently waited for his reply. "When's the exhibit?"

"This October 5," he replied. "Ah, is that so? Alright then, when will we start?" Xiao Zhan asked calmly and looked at Wang Yibo. If someone actually looked closer, Xiao Zhan's eyes were a bit red.

"Is tomorrow alright? I can bring you to the venue," Yibo replied. "I'll go there myself. You don't want to me to involve with you again, right? Or maybe ending up getting trending again. Just send me the address," Xiao Zhan said with a hint of bitterness in his tone.

"I'll be going now and Zhan, this is just work," Wang Yibo said and stood up, he made his was to the door and opened it. Before he could step outside, "I don't need you to tell me that this is just work, because I can never forget the day you broke up with me," Xiao Zhan said and Yibo paused for while, trying to say something but he didn't. Wang Yibo continued on his way and left, leaving once again, a broken Xiao Zhan in the dark.

---
Sorry for the typos and please do tell if I made any errors!