11. 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝘂𝗶𝗹𝘁𝘆 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻

𝕲uilt was the worst feeling they've ever felt, bearing the burden over the shoulders of those who played with fire. Playing as a friend and a traitor in a world where they struggled to find their place, the villain kids knew only one thing acceptable: villains would rule Auradon.

A revolution begins with four villain descendants. They were meant to be a change for their people, save them from the embarrassing imprisonment the royalties had thrown them in. Children of Maleficent, Evil Queen, Jafar, and Cruella de Vil, each dangerous and unmentally stable, destined to bring Auradon to its knees; however, the taste of freedom was starting to change the children's minds.

These thoughts would have them punished for their hesitance and disloyalty to their parents, and while some are worse than others, neither of the children wants to feel their parents' wrath. It was up to Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos to get their hands on the most powerful wand in the land and cast a spell so powerful it would bring down the barrier that disconnected the Isle from Auradon. With their escape, every villain was free to do whatever they wanted, and reining hell on Auradon was the ultimate goal.

But the thought of following their parents' footsteps sounded far from what they wanted. Evie enjoys having friends who genuinely enjoy her company and being able to focus on her academics rather than looking for a potential husband. Evie was proud and had never felt that way when she let herself work toward a goal, seeking the best grades and showing off her knowledge. Evie might've been taught that she must always look presentable just in case a prince stumbles in her path, seeking a doting wife as beautiful and taskful as she; however, Evie learned that she's more than just her pretty face.

It started to cross Evie's mind more often than she liked to admit, constantly second-guessing her choices, wondering if what they were doing was what they wanted, but it wouldn't matter because it wasn't up to Evie, nor the others, to decide anything. They have to go through with their parent's plans because if not, chances are--well, Evie doesn't want to know.

On top of everything they'd been stressed about, Coronation was getting closer and closer with each day, and the group was starting to grow tense. Everyone was feeling it, but no one bothered to speak up about it; they either knew they weren't in the plan as they originally planned, or neither of them wanted to be the first to admit to their true desires. Evie sure wasn't.

Unfortunately for them, Family Day was just around the corner, forcing the teens to speed up the process of their dreaded plan. And to make their day worse, Fairy Godmother granted them a short video call with their parents, which Evie immediately dreaded.

"Children, excuse me," Fairy Godmother quickly grabbed the villain kids' attention. While Fairy Godmother presented a cheerful smile, deep down, the woman felt awkward. "Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh . . . distance--" Fairy Godmother laughed drily but was slightly relieved by their gentle grins. "We've arranged for a special treat."

Evie and Mal glanced at one another, and though they exchanged small smiles, neither of them was particularly happy about this arrangement. Sure, they missed their parents, maybe not too much, but they already knew how this would go.

Fairy Godmother skipped to the TV on the rolling cart in the front of the classroom, clicking a button to reveal four iconic villains. Not to Fairy Godmother's surprise, Maleficent was sitting right in front of the camera, practically staring into her soul as she inspected her end of the screen. Maleficent looked lost and confused, growing angrier by the second.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Maleficent complained to her annoying companions.

With a gleeful smile, Fairy Godmother beckoned the four students over. "Kids!"