28. 𝗰𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿

𝕮otillion was finally here, and Rilynn worried about the desserts she created for the party. She stayed hidden in the kitchen while she watched everyone packing and loading them into their service van.

Rilynn was standing in her beautiful lilac dress; it draped to the floor with a corset on top, hugging her waist before it flowed into a wispy skirt. A soft mesh material draped over her shoulders like a cape, touching the floor with the same lilac flowers decorating it. Rilynn was practically covered in flowers; it sprinkled from the corset sparsely, but it was mainly toward the end of her gown.

She didn't worry too much about her dress touching the floor because Rilynn was too busy worrying about her dessert choices. Rilynn anxiously played with her hair while watching everyone working, ensuring everything was secure before being placed into the van. Rilynn was proud of everything they made, but she couldn't help but worry that everyone wouldn't like it.

"Hiding in the kitchen, again?" Jay teased as he walked toward the princess, admiring her in her gown. "You look beautiful, Blondie."

Rilynn pulled out of her thoughts at the subtle compliment, flushing red. "Sorry. I wanted to make sure everything was okay to take to the boat," Rilynn's eyes strayed toward the cooks and the boxed treats.

Jay noticed. "Your desserts will be fine, Riles. Call it a day because everyone in Auradon will finally try one of your desserts."

"That's what I'm worried about," Rilynn furrowed her brows as she watched the last batch leave the kitchen.

Jay gently grabs Rilynn's chin, making her look at him. "They're perfect, babe," he reaches down and kisses her lips, which Rilynn reciprocates. "I can vouch that they'll love your desserts."

"You're my boyfriend," Rilynn felt her cheeks heat, which is ridiculous; they'd been dating for over a year, and she still gets flustered. "You have to say they're good."

He pulls her away from the kitchen when she's distracted, and luckily, she lets him. Jay intertwines his fingers with Rilynn's; they fold into the waffle-style.

"I don't have to say they're good because they are good. They're literally the best thing I've ever had, which isn't a lot," Jay rambles on. Rilynn smiled at him adoringly. "Just watch. Everyone's gonna love them just as much. Now, don't worry about them anymore. Tonight is the night to party, and that's exactly what we're gonna do."

Rilynn and Jay were walking to the limo they were sharing with their friends, which should be parked out front of Auradon Prep. Ben and Mal were supposed to be there beforehand, but Jay told Rilynn that Mal planned on going with them instead. Rilynn was excited to see Ben's accomplishments happening before her eyes.

"I should probably hand out the snacks," but as soon as Rilynn said it, Jay interjected just as quickly.

"Sandra's got it all figured out, babe. You're going to do nothing but dance with me and friends all night, is that clear?"

Rilynn accidentally laughed so hard her head fell back. Jay merely admired her as she giggled loudly, attempting to cover her face in embarrassment. She finally decided not to worry about it and let Sandra handle the rest.

"Okay, okay," Rilynn turned toward Jay, and he was captivated by her eyes. "But if she needs me--"

"Hey, guys!" Jay interrupts when they finally reach their friends. "Can you guys tell Rilynn not to worry about her dessert table tonight?"

Evie grinned as she stepped before Rilynn, grabbing her hands. "Don't you worry your pretty head about them. If there's one thing I know, your desserts are to die for, and anyone would be lucky to eat them."