Silverfinger

"Selene, Isaac, Scott and Allison go to the Argent house and find the wounded Chris Argent. Allison starts to stitch her father up.

"Its eyes were glowing," Scott says.

"There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul" Chris explains.

"That's the same thing it did to me" Isaac admits.

"I think it was. I think it was searching our soul for... something. The thing behind our ear, it means self in Japanese. They only came after the werewolves and Lydia... Everyone with a connection to the supernatural. Maybe they can feel the supernatural?" Selene explains.

"Exactly," Chris says.

"Who was the guy they went after in Japan?"

"The kumicho. The yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except, Gerard-" Selene snorts in annoyance at the name ut everyone ignores that "- left out a simple detail about the buyers being Yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise"

"And didn't give a shit if you died in the moment" Selene whispers, everyone ignores it again.

"The moment the sun went down... it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords. not curved like katanas"

"Straight, black steel. Like ninjatos" Chris nods.

"What did they want?" Scott asks.

"To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way" Chris answers.

"They didn't mark them, did they?" Selene asks.

"Not the kind of mark you have"

"What mark then? The mark of death?"

"Yes"

"I was joking"

"I wasn't"

"What was he? The kumicho?"

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. They're few others that survived that night. One of them was a guy named Katashi"

"Katashi? Silverfinger? Are you kidding me?"

"It looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down"

"Didn't look like he wanted to be found" Isaac states pointing to Chris' wounds.

"Not particularly, no" Chris answers.

"You think he knows what they are? What they want?" Scott asks.

"Maybe" Chris replies.

"It's at least worth a try. He's not gonna wanna talk to just anyone" Selene points out.

"Yeah, what if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac asks.

"He'll remember this" Chris says and takes out a box. He opens said box and reveals one of the Demon masks, this broken in several pieces.

"I would remember that" Selene admits.

~~~

Scott takes Kira home on his bike. She asks him if all his friends are werewolves then asks to see his werewolf face. He obliges and she touches the enhanced ridges of his forehead, his cheek, and his lips.

~~~

Later, as Scott is riding his dirt bike to school, the twins ride up and flank him. Scott races ahead but the twins easily keep up. Once they get to school the twins explain that they are planning to stick by Scott all day and all night to protect him from the "Demonic Ninjas." Scott suspects their interest in him has more to do with wanting to join his pack than a genuine desire to keep him safe.