Chapter 1

"Of course it has to be Klarion!" Jason grunted through the comms, firing his gun towards the annoying demonic twerp a few yards away. "God, this is what Damian would be like if he ever got powers."

"Focus, Hood." Tim responded, throwing some shuriken at the chaos lord.

"But I mean imagine the torture! Waking up to see the brat sneering and then-nngh!" Jason went flying back as a bolt of magic struck him in the chest.

"Hood!" Tim yelled, unable to tend to his brother as he was cornered. He watched as Klarion floated over.

"I'll show you a brat!" He zapped Jason while muttering incantations, laughing at Jason's screams. Tim had to think fast, scanning the area. He saw Klarion's stupid familiar and snatched it, making the witch whirl around. "Unhand my cat!"

"Unhand Hood."

"Deal." The two boys traded their goods, but not before Klarion gave Jason a parting zap. "That should finish the spell." And with that Klarion was gone.

Tim rushed to Jason just in time to watch him convulse violently, Klarion's red magic glow all around him. "Jason? Jason!" Tim tried to reach out but was zapped a bit by the energy. He flew back and got tangled in his cape, taking a few moments to recover. And when he did he had to swallow a screech.

There, sitting where Jason was, was a boy about five years of age who looked a lot like Jason.

Tim shook his head. Rubbed his eyes. Blinked. The boy was still there. The boy was definitely Jason. And the boy was definitely crying.

"Jason? Hey, are you okay?"

"W-who are you?" Jason curled up in the pile of much too big clothes, shrinking away from the older boy dressed in the colorful costume.

Tim winced. Of course he doesn't know me. We won't meet for over a decade. "I'm Tim, I'm your brother. We were out playing superhero and you fell and bumped your head." Tim hoped he bought it.

"Oh!" Jason squished his tongue out between his lips. "I guess I lost."

"Nah, but let's get home. It's pretty late." Tim picked up tiny Jay, nuzzling him into his chest before breaking out into a sprint. Luckily they weren't too far from the manor.

Of course Batman and the League had to be away on a mission in outer space when Tim comes barreling through the manor doors, wide spooked eyes settling on Dick and Damian. His two brothers stare at him, questions burning until they see the little bundle in his arms. "Drake, what the f-"

"Shh! I finally got him to sleep on the way back." Tim whisper hissed.

"And who is he?" Dick asked, trying to get a look at the little guy's face as he was tightly bundled in Red Robin's cloak. Tim ignored him, walking upstairs with his brother's in tow as he entered Jason's room. Damian and Dick exchanged a glance. Tim was still blocking their view of the boy as he tucked him into bed. It wasn't until Tim moved away that they saw the unmistakable shock of white in dark black hair resting on a peaceful face.

Dick felt his mouth drop as he looked on at a five year old Jason Todd, sleeping with his thumb in his mouth and his arm around a pillow.

Damian just coolly snapped a picture, shrugging when Dick shot him a look. "Blackmail purposes."

"Tim, what happened?" Dick dragged his nonsleeping brothers out of the room, gently closing the door.