9- Living through a nightmare

Aurora's POV

"Well hello there, what are you doing wandering all alone?" he asks with a creepy smirk on his lips, a new shiver runs down my spine but this time it's not because of a sudden temperature drop.

My mouth goes dry as I stare at the man's pearly white fangs. My heart rate increases as my legs start shaking under me. I gulp before finding my voice.

"I'm searching for my master." I answer, hoping he will leave me alone. But of course, I'm hugely mistaken. The man grabs a hold of my wrist.

"Let me help you look," he says as he eyes me hungrily. I try to pull my wrist out of his hold, his grip tightens. He pulls me away from the crowd as he walks over to a door, hidden behind the curtains. My efforts of getting away are all in wain as I'm dragged into a dark hall. He uses his vampire speed, taking us far away from the ballroom. A scream leaves my throat as I'm tossed onto something soft, a bed.

Where are the guards? Why isn't anyone helping me?

His red eyes glow in the dark like flames. My heartbeat thunders in my ears as sweat flows out of my pores. Tears roll down my cheeks as my body trembles.

"Ple- please don't." I beg as my bottom lip quivers. I can see the man's smirk widen as he stalks closer. I try shifting into my black kitten but for some reason, I fail. There has to be silver on me, either on my collar or on the dress.

No, no, no, why did Xander have to put silver on me?!

The man hovers over me as I lay on the bed, defenseless. He pulls my hair to the side and takes my collar off before he leans down to my neck, his fangs touching my skin.

"If you scream, you'll never get to see the light of day again." he whispers against my neck, his hot breath fanning against my skin making my heart thunder even faster in my chest. My breath hitches in my throat as his fangs pierce through my skin making blood flow out of my body.

Not again.

I cover my mouth with my hand as I let quiet sobs escape, begging for someone to save me. No one does. The door never opens and no one comes to rescue me. I'm alone, no one cares enough to wonder where I am.

The man pulls out his fangs.

"If you tell anyone, I WILL hunt you down and kill you." he threatens as he leaves the room, wiping the blood off of his lips.

Lay on the bed, letting my blood pour out of my wound. He didn't lick the wound. I let my hand fall to the blood-stained sheets as full-on cries leave my throat, the pain thundering in my head making everything spin.

By now my dress is probably all stained in red. What a shame, it was a beautiful dress.

I need to stop the blood or I'll lose too much and die. I get out of bed, falling to my knees. I can't stand in this condition, I need to crawl my way out of here. I look around the room, trying to find another door that might lead to a bathroom and I do. In the small bathroom, I find a small piece of cloth that I tie around my neck in a way of trying to stop the bleeding.

I walk out of the bathroom and into the hall. I need to find Xander.

'If you tell anyone, I WILL hunt you down and kill you' echos in my head.

Xander must never find out what happened to me. I need to hide until the wound heals, at least until tomorrow.

Good thing I'm a shifter, my body heals a lot quicker than a human does.

I stumble my way back to the room, locking the door behind me before laying down on the bed. All I need is some rest and food in the morning and then I'll be fine.

Good thing that vampire choose the same side Xander has his mark on me.

//Don't forget to vote//