29- Take a picture

Aurora's POV 

I take off my hoodie and jeans as my dress takes their place. The bottom of the dress hangs loosely around my thigs and bearly touches my knees, giving them tender kisses. I take the clothes I just took off and head into the closet where my box lays. At the top of the box lay my winter clothing we bought a month ago. It aches in my heart to know that I only used them once, especially since they cost so much.

Winter is already over and spring is on its way and with spring comes my birthday. Once the snow has melted away and the willow wets start growing my birthday will arrive. 

I'm so excited, I'll finally be able to start searching for my mate. That one person who will let me free for once. Although Xander seems more and more stressed by the day. I can tell something is bothering him, something he has no control over. 

Xander walks out from the bathroom with only a towel around his hips, his tanned body is muscular. Every muscle is seen clearly without him having to flex. Water drips from his hair as water droplets travel over his skin. 

"No one is free, even birds are chained to the sky," he says as he drags his fingers through his wet, black hair. I take a seat on the couch as I look away from him while pouting. 

"Stop listening to my thoughts," I grumble lowly before looking up at him again. Now Xander stands with his pants on and towel laying on the floor like an old rag. 

"I've been meaning to ask, how come when you shift into a cat it's always the size and age of a kitten?" he asks while concentrating on the button-up shirt, completely ignoring the previous topic. 

"I choose the age of the things I shift into and a kitten is just better suited for me, doesn't take up a lot of space." Xander glances at me briefly before averting his gaze back to his shirt as he covers up his six-pack. 

"Take a picture, I'll last longer," he mumbles, uninterested while struggling with the buttons. I scoff at his words. "I'm off to a meeting, don't leave the room," he says before grabbing his suit-jacket and leaving the room. 

Picture. I don't need a picture if I'm only curious. Besides, who would want a picture of him? Probably that crazy girl with the blond hair and way too big chest to be natural. 

Her wanting him sets fire to an emotion I've never felt before. All I know is that this feeling makes me want to kill her with my own bare hands. 

I shake my head, that's just absurd. Something is really messing with my brain right now.