The Mob Boss' Soft Spot

Warning: My older writing/not proof-read.

"I don't think you're understanding me," a giant named Markus leaned over the desk, glaring into the young, shaking man's soul, "You're going to-"

"Sir," a head popped through the door, "Nettle wants to know if you're busy."

Markus' gaze lit up, " Bring her in," he straightened up his suit.

"May...may I leave please, sir?" the young man begged.

"I'm not done with you," Markus snarled.

The man who had popped in re-entered the room with a small, human girl cupped carefully in his hands. He opened up his palms over the desk, so she could step out.

"Thank you!" the young girl called up to her deliverer.

He nodded to her before leaving the room.

"What's wrong, lass?" Markus scooped her up into his palms.

"Sorry," Nettle guiltily looked down at the massive hand underneath her, "I just had a bad dream. I didn't know you were busy." She snuck a glance at the young man.

"I'm never too busy for my human," Markus cooed. He glared at the confused man, "Is there a problem?"

"No! No, sir." the man quickly shook his head.

"Good," Markus gently stroked her backside with his index finger, "You're lucky she put me in a good mood."

Markus was pretty much a high-ranking mob boss, and one of his allies sent the little girl as a gift. She was supposed to be a snack⁠-not a companion⁠-but he wasn't really hungry and she was cute and entertaining like a bunny might be to us. He only planned on keeping her around for just a little bit longer until he got bored of her. But instead of getting bored of her, he got attached to her, and attachment led to permanently establishing her residence in his home.

"Even though you're a dumbass for thinking you alone could pull off a heist against me, I'm willing to excuse your ignorance. But you eternally owe me. You'll get me anything and everything I could possibly want from you. If you don't do whatever I want, then I'll send you the head of everyone you ever loved." Markus smiled down at Nettle, "What do you think he should do for me first, precious?"

Nettle shrugged, "I guess he should apologise for trying to steal from you."

"I'm extremely sorry for breaking in and trying to steal from you, sir," the man anxiously apologized.

"What else do you want him to do, lass?" Markus questioned, "Go on a drug run for me? Cut off his own toe? Do you want some chocolate chips?"

"Can he just leave please?" Nettle asked. The man didn't move.

"God, you're a dumbass. You heard her. Get the fuck out." Markus snarled.

"Yes, sir." the man practically sprinted out of the room.

Markus knocked on the wall twice and received two knocks back. It was a secret code to disclose to his guards that the man was exiting the building.

"Other then the nightmare, how's my little one been?" he pulled her closer to his chest.

"Good!" she smiled merrily, "How have you been?"

He nudged her with a finger, "Better now that I get to see my human."

She giggled a little bit before flopping over into his hands. He curled his hands inward to try and sit her back up. She let out a complaint in the form of a whine but remained laying.

"What are you doing, shortie?" he chuckled.

"I'm trying to take a nap!" she complained.

"I have work to get done. You can't just lay in my hands." he sighed.

She looked up at him with cute, pleading eyes, and he just melted. Dying pleas and dollar signs could never get him to yield, but she would eternally be his soft spot.

"Fine, fine," he smacked his lips together, "But you only get one hand." He shifted his hands, sliding her onto only one hand.

She beamed happily before snuggling into his hand.

"Adorable brat," he muttered bitterly, "I should eat you."

She remained unfazed by his threat, and moments later, she drifted off into sleep as he barked orders through his phone.