Chapter 21

Alexia's POV

As two days passed, Emma's still bedridden, in her groundless coma.
Everything's been upside down since then; Besides me, Landon and his family's been switching who'd spend the day and night with Emma's unconscious body, in the hope of her waking up soon.

During one of the switchings, I met Aaron, Amanda's mate. Yes, I'd never thought I'd meet Landon's dad under such terrible circumstances but fate does the unexpected right?

"Hey." Amanda breathes as she enters the iodoform scented room.
Before I could even mutter a reply to her, I let out a yawn.

"Why don't you rest for some time with Landon? It's almost eight and you haven't had either dinner nor a good night rest since..."

She didn't continue that sentence.

"Maybe I should," I said, stumbling to quickly get out of the room; still feeling the reason for what happened to her.
The distress and all that she's going through, watching her daughter helplessly as she spends her time in wonderland, where no one can disturb her.

"Alexia...Never mind..." She said, just right before I closed the doors behind me.

I didn't want to stay another second in that room with Amanda or the body lying in bed. Both things ended up giving me the eerie yet wretched feeling that everything that has been happening up till now has a way or another to be linked to me.

When I reached the bedroom, I went ahead and took a shower. Getting rid of the unpleasant smell, I wrapped a towel around my body as I forgot to bring a change of clothes with me.
Just when I opened the bathroom door, Landon was drying his hair; he probably took a shower in another bathroom as I took mine.

All of the recent events made me almost emotionless: When I got here at first, I couldn't stand the idea of taking any undergarments out of the wardrobe when someone's in the room with me but now, I'm not even embarrassed while standing only in a towel. A not so tall one may I say as well...

Completely avoiding eye-contact with him, After I changed into comfortable clothes, I went to my side of our bed to try and to sleep.

"Alexia..." Landon whispered. I don't know if it was meant for me to hear not; it was too low, too broken...

He sighed, wrapping his arms around me as he settled down beside me. I've missed his heartwarming scent, he was like a cure to me at all times.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.
I have this aching feeling to apologize to him and his pack. Since I came here, I only brought catastrophes with me.

"Why do you keep apologizing?"

"Because I'm a walking disaster."

"No, you're not. You're my mate, my beautiful disaster."

Frustrated, I sat up,
"Stop playing with my feelings. I must be the real reason for all of your problems!"

As he sat up too, both hands on my cheeks, he held me firmly yet softly and do you know what he did after that? He painfully collided his forehead with mine.

"What the hell!" I snarled, white dots blinding my sight.

"I hope this actually manages to start your brain screws again." He mumbled.