Going Over the Edge

Natalia's POV

I'm looking at the navigational charts with Will as it snows. I hear Pintel and Ragetti complaining abut the cold. "Why don't that obeah woman bring back Jack, the same way she brought back Barbossa?" Pintel asks out loud.

"Because Barbossa was only dead" I state.

"Jack Sparrow is taken, body and soul, to a place not of death, but punishment. The worst fate a person can bring upon himself. Stretching on forever. That's what awaits at Davy Jones' locker" Tia Dalma explains.

"I knew there was good reason" Ragetti mutters. I look back at the charts as Will turns the circles. I'd examined them a little during my imprisonment, under Sao Feng's watchful eyes. He'd shown me them when I first meet him as Captain Fox.

"Nothing here is set. These can't be as accurate as modern charts" Will says.

"They're aren't, but lead to more places" I tell him.

"Over the edge and over again. Sunrise sets flash of green" he mumbles. He picks them up and we go to the helm. Will shows the charts to Barbossa. "Do you care to interpret, Captain Barbossa?" Will asks him.

"Ever gazed upon the green flash, Master Gibbs?" Barbossa asks Gibbs.

"I reckon I seen my fair share. It happens on rare occasion. At the last glimpse of sunset, a green flash of light shoots up into the sky. Some go their whole lives without seeing it, some claim to have seen it that ain't. Some say..." Gibbs starts to explain.

"It signals when a soul comes back to this world, from the dead!" Pintel says interrupting. Gibbs gives him a death stare. "Sorry" he mumbles.

"Trust me, young Master Turner, it's not gettin' to the land of the dead that's the problem. It's gettin' back" Barbossa tells Will. Who nods his head and returns to the deck.

"And how do we get back?" I ask Barbossa.

"It's all in the charts" he assures me.

"Fine don't tell me, but know two things Barbossa" I tell him firmly. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "If you endanger my sister I won't hesitate in killing you. Also if you and Jack can't peacefully decide who captains the Pearl. I will lead a mutiny on you both" I state.

"Is that a threat Captain Fox?" he asks me.

"No, it's a promise" I state and go over to my sister. "I'm sure we'll be out of this cold soon" I tell her. She nods her head and I sit beside her. "Elizabeth what happened to you and Will? You both were so in love when I left Port Royal" I tell her.

"We had a disagreement, but we'll be fine" she assures me.

"I hope so, I want to be an auntie" I tell her smiling. She blushes.

"We're not even married yet" she reminds me.

"You know as a captain I could marry you both now" I tell her smiling.

"Maybe after we've freed Jack and return to this world" she tells me.

"Deal" I say smiling. We soon pass the cold weather and I feel a lot happier. The Hai Peng sailing through perfectly calm water with stars all around in the sky and water. Elizabeth and Will are speaking by the railing as I look up at the night sky from the crows nest.

"Barbossa, up ahead!" Will suddenly shouts. I stand up looking ahead as I feel us gain speed.

"Aye, we're good and lost now" I hear Barbossa say.

"Lost!?" Elizabeth exclaims.

"For certain you have to be lost to find the places can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was" Barbossa explains. That makes sense.

"We're gaining speed!" Gibbs shouts.

"Waterfall!" I shout and swing down onto the deck. "To stations! All hands, to stations! Hard to port, gather way!" I order.

"Nay! Belay that! Let her run straight and true!" Barbossa orders.

"You've doomed us all!" Elizabeth shouts.

"Don't be so unkind. You may not survive to pass this way again and these be the last friendly words you'll hear" Barbossa tells her. He ties him self to the railing and I do the same.

"Tie her off!" Will shouts. Tia Dalma is mumbling something in french and throws crabs claws onto a barrel.

"Hard to port!" Elizabeth and I shout.

"Hold on!" Will shouts.

"Elizabeth!" I shout holding my hand out to her. She grabs it and I pull her close. "Don't let go of me" I tell her and she nods her head. We hold each other tight as we go over the edge. Barbossa laughing his head off as we went.

"Strike your colors, you bloomin' cockroaches...dead men tell no tales" I hear a man say. Then everything goes black and I pray we all make it safely. If Elizabeth does not make it alive, Barbossa is dead.

A/N

Picture above of Natalia's outfit and on the external link of Barbossa.

See you in Davy Jones Locker in the new year.