Rockin' Around Calla's Tree

"This is haaaaaaaaaaaaard." Keefe said, laying on the floor in a heap, covered in colorful lights.

"Easy for you to say, we've been doing all the work!" Sophie said, putting her hands on her hips.

They had almost finished decorating the tree. It was massive, but it had only taken about 3 hours, which seemed like a long time, but the time flew by.

"Is she okay?" Biana asked, poking her cheek. "She zoned out again."

"I'm okay. Just a little cold." Sophie said, rubbing her arms. She really shouldn't have worn a sleeveless tunic and skirt. Not her best decision.

But then her arms were warm. A thick black jacket had been placed on her shoulders. She looked over her shoulder and found Fitz, smiling at her.

She quietly mumbled a "thank you.." before running over to grab more decorations.

Sophie, you need to calm down. He's just a boy. She thought. But he wasn't just any boy. He was a Vacker.

"Anyways, I think we're all done!" Sophie said, backing up to examine their work. Not to toot her own horn, but the tree was better than any other tree she had ever done. But that was also thanks to her friends.

She walked towards Fitz and stood next to him. Then, she took a deep breath and rested her head on Fitz shoulder.

A moment of awkward silence passed before he quietly laughed and put his arm around her, resting his head on hers.

She could hear Keefe mumble something that sounded very angry, but ignored him.

Several squeals broke them out of their trance. They turned around to find Edaline and Della clinging to each other, staring at their children.

"I WANNA SEE WHAT THEIR KIDS WILL LOOK LIKE!" Della screamed, and Sophie's face was lit on fire. She pulled her hair around her face, hoping to hide.

"M-MOM!" Fitz yelled back, blushing and becoming very interested in his feet.

Meanwhile, Biana, Keefe and Alden were all on the snowy ground, laughing and gasping for air in between laughs.

"LETS MOVE ON!" Sophie yelled,
wanting the embarrassment to end. "The trees done. I say we go bake some treats next, I have a feeling you'd like some human recipes." And with that, she started walking towards her house and away from the cold.

           •••

"Sophiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie! Where are youuuu?!" Keefe yelled from the first floor.

Sophie was in her room, grabbing her iPod, to look up recipes, and changing out of her old outfit.

She was now wearing a black turtleneck, red leggings, and black and white heeled boots. She threw her hair into a messy bun, and walked out of her closet.

Biana sat on her bed, staring at her iPod like it contained all of the knowledge in the universe.

When the two girls walked down the stairs and made it to the first floor of Havenfield, they were greeted by Fitz on the floor, covered in colorful aprons.

"This is weird. I don't think we should leave those two alone." Biana said, staring at her brother, struggling tocintain her laughter.

Sophie giggled, walking towards the pile and pulling a teal apron off of Fitz's face.

With the ability to see her, Fitz smiled and kissed her on the cheek, causing Sophie's face to match her pants. She walked towards the pantry, flushing and tying the apron around her waist and neck.

"Ooooo~. I'm Sophie! And I'm madly in love but won't admit it!" Keefe said, mimicking her voice. Being fed up with his nonsense, Sophie flicked her hand in his direction, sending a whisk towards him. Telekinesis was useful sometimes.

She pulled up two recipes; one a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe and a cherry pie.

"Okay, I'm thinking we let the boys do the cookie one, seeing as it's hard to mess up, and we'll do the pie." Sophie informed them.

And with that, they set off baking. She could see the puzzled looks in the boys faces, but Biana seemed like a professional. She worked gracefully, and somehow made zero mess.

Sophie had to step in and help the boys after they'd broken 3 of the elves substitute of eggs. She had made so many cookies, she barely even needed the recipe. Once she had made the dough, she gave the boys chunks of a candy that sort of resembled chocolate, and told them to put the candy in the dough and mix.

Once all of the deserts had come out of the oven, Sophie set them on the counter to cool and untied her apron.

"Nice work —Even though the boys didn't do that well— I think we did alright!" Biana exclaimed, setting here blue apron neatly onto Sophie's apron.

Sophie, on the other hand, was exhausted and walked to the couch. She set down and crossed her arms across her chest and tilted her head back.

When the back of her head hit the couch pillow, she gazed up and saw Fitz amazingly teal eyes staring down at her. Too tired, she smiled, and closed her eyes. Next thing she knew, Fitz had sat next to her and pulled her closer to him, letting her sleep on his shoulder.

OKAY! I finally have this chapter done. I still have three more chapters to write for the Christmas thing, and I am very behind. I'm trying to incorporate some of my holiday traditions into the Elven world, and it's not as easy as it sounds. Anyways, I'm trying to make these chapters as long as possible.
Thank you, bye!

Ms.Wood