Chapter 17: Trapped

3rd person POV

The twins follow Stride all the way to his house. 

Stride goes inside his house, then right before the door shuts, Edward puts something small in the frame so the door can't shut. They wait a moment, then go inside the house. 

"We have to check the rooms for him, then kill him." Henry says, and Edward nods in agreement. The two check several rooms together. They've checked the office, bedrooms, even bathrooms. None of them had Stride within. Edward opens a room that is kind of empty, but has a bookshelf, and a small desk. 

"This could be an extra study. Or something around there for guests." Edward says.

"Yeah." Henry replies as the two walk in.

They search the room for a moment.

"Did you think I wouldn't look behind me?" The two look behind themselves to see Stride in the doorway.

"STRIDE" Edward yells. He runs towards Stride, but Stride shuts and locks the door before Edward can get there. Edward punches and hits the door. "SIMON STRIDE YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH OUR PARENT'S MURDERS!!!" 

Henry touches Edward's shoulders. "Edward. The door is locked. We have to find another way out."

Edward takes a moment, but then calms down and starts thinking of a way to get out.

"Perhaps there's something in here that could help us. There's no way he would've been able to come in here and clear it out before we got here. He would've had to follow us in order to lock us in here."

"Right Edward, nice thinking! Let's search the room!" 

The two search every inch of the room. They look behind all the books, the shelf, the desk, in all the desk drawers, and even the walls just in case there's something hidden in them. Henry eventually gets a little tired from searching and reads old notes or letters from Stride.

"Hey Edward, listen to this...

Dear Mr. Jekyll

I am writing you to once again tell you about the current situation. I simply cannot believe you when you say that you did not take my daughter. She was last with you, whether she wanted it or not you were to escort her home unless myself or my wife brought her back! How can you possibly deny that she is not with you! I can no longer trust you sir!
I WANT MY DAUGHTER BACK YOU &*$$*(*%f#$*%"

...wow, this guy was really mad at papa.."

"Yeah.." Edward walks up to the door, looking at it, then at the lock. He closes his eyes and begins to fiddle with it with a few things in his pockets. Edward uses and old trick that he hasn't practiced in years. Moments later, the lock clicks and Henry looks up.

"Edward, what did you do?"

"I picked the lock"

"Brilliant!" Henry opens the door and they both walk out.

Hey everyone! I am so sorry that I haven't updated in forever! Covid has been so stressful along with a handful of other things that have been really hard for me at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to update more often. Again, so sorry about not updating..