"Uhm...where's Mr. Coleman?"

Mason's POV

"Mason Wilder." Ace smirks and folds his arms, showing his forearm tattoos, when he sees me.

I roll my eyes and look at the security guard again.

"Please open the gate." He nods and presses the remote in his hand and the black metal slides to the left.

I drive in, trying to remain calm. I haven't been here in ages and the anticipation of what I've been called for is trying to get the better of me.

I tried to call Duncan again to try and get more information out of him but he didn't answer his phone.

"Shit." I realise I didn't say anything to Max or Justin. It's too late now.

I park my car next to one of The Man's cars, in front of the house, and get out.

I immediately rush to the front door. The two guards standing in front of it stare at me.

"Oh, c'mon." I groan and look between the man and woman.

"We need to search you, Wilder." The woman says with a shrug.

"I'm not stupid. I wouldn't bring anything here." I look at them with a bored expression.

"Just let him in." Ace says from behind us. I don't bother to look at him. "The Man has been waiting for him long enough."

I can almost see his smirk and something tells me this was not a friendly call.

The two guards nod and step aside and I open the door.

"Mr. Wilder, hello." One of the maids greets me as she walks by, balancing a laundry basket on her hip.

She has her grey hair in a tight bun and her smile reaches her tired eyes.

"Hello." I smile and she nods.

"I'll call someone to come and take you to his office."

I guess she already knows what I'm here for.

I shove my hands into my pockets and awkwardly look around the empty hallway. It was usually busy in here but today it seems like half the maids aren't here.

"Hi." A soft voice speaks behind me and I turn around.

Riley.

She's awkwardly looking at the floor, her hands gripping at the sides of he navy blue uniform.

"Hi." I reply and she looks up at me for a second before looking away. 

"Uhm...where's Mr. Coleman?" I ask her and her cheeks turn red.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She begins to walk up the stairs and I follow behind.

I don't know what all the formality is for. I know where his office is.

We reach the door of his office and Riley knocks. A few seconds pass and no one opens the door. She knocks again and we receive the same silence.

She turns back to me, her cheeks still flushed, and apologises.

"I'm sorry, I'll go check in his room."

"There's no need, hun, I'll take Mason to Mr. Coleman."

We turn around and Ace is right there.

Seriously, does he just teleport around this place?

Riley looks away when she sees him and rushes past him, without saying goodbye.

"Follow me." He points behind him and we begin walking down the stairs.

"He's in his other office." Ace explains when we reach the bottom of the stairs.