Mcginnis Pt. 1

Y/N: I'm sorry what did you say?

Bruce, or Batman without the mask, spun around the chair in his normal brooding manner.

Bruce: I need you to go work alongside Batwoman to investigate another Metahuman Trafficing Ring in Gotham. You'll temporarily be instated into Bat Inc.

Is Batman a narcissist or were you looking too deep?

Y/N: That's the team with Stephanie and Tim right?

Bruce: With Cassandrea and Clayface as well.

Y/N: Oh. That's pretty cool. I get to work with three of my friendsdidyousayclayface?

Bruce nodded. He pulled up Clayface's file on the computer.

Bruce: He's turned a new leaf. He won't be a problem.

You nodded and headed to pack your bags.
---------
You showed up at the location Bruce gave you and took a deep breath. Inside was your new team. Temporarily of course.

Y/N: I wonder what this entails.

You took a step forward but your head began to throb in pain. You grabbed it in an attempt to stop the stinging. You closed your eyes but only to see something strange.

You were back in the future where you were flying around Gotham. Your Gotham. You landed on a roof and looked around before taking off your mask. You answered your phone which was ringing.

Y/N: Hey Dana. How's it hanging?

Who's Dana?

Dana?: Nothing much. Just missing my favorite person.

Y/N: Ah. I'm missing you to but I got to be here. Wayne is really pushing for this job you know?

Dana?: Yeah i know. I just wish he would give you a night off every once and a while.

You walked around the roof as you continued the conversation.

Y/N: Yeah me to. At the same time this job is really important. I can't just leave it.

Dana?: I know sweetie. Just take care of yourself please.

Y/N: Of course. Love you.

You stopped in front of a window where you saw your reflection. Only it wasn't you. You didn't recognize the person in the mirror. He was someone else.

Dana?: I love you to Terry.

The line went dead as you stared at the reflection. Or rather, this Terry person was staring at the reflection. He smiled as he pulled the mask back on but this time you were back in the present. You realized you were on the floor with three people around you.

Tim: It looks like he just passed out. Wonder what happened.

Stephanie: It doesn't matter. We need to get him inside.

Cassandra noticed you were awake and helped you sit up as you rubbed your head. Tim and Stephanie both kneeled down to get to your level.

Tim: Hey bud. You ok?

Stephanie: What happened?

You looked around to make sure you were in the right time.

Y/N: I honestly have no idea. I just got a headache and saw some stuff.

Stephanie: Stuff? What stuff?

You stood up with Cassandra's help.

Y/N: Who knows? Can we just get inside? I need to unpack my stuff and get briefed on the mission.