Normal Lives Pt. 2

You rubbed the back of your neck as you and Tim walked down the street to the nearby Cafe he had found. You were finally going to tell him about you and Stephanie. It was time. It had to be. You couldn't hide this forever so you might as well get it over with. You had given the night off to everyone so they could recover from both yesterday's patrol and school. God, school was awful.

Tim: Thanks for coming out with me. Everyone else just said no.

Y/N: Yeah. I, uh, am glad that you guys are comfortable with me again.

Tim: I already told you that we were cool. You're my bro.

He punched your shoulder and smiled while you awkwardly smiled back. Yeah, this was rough. You finally made it to the Cafe and walked up to the counter. You both placed your orders and Tim paid for both of them. Yeah, he's not making this any easier. You both sat down and you began to tap on the table.

Tim: So did you hear about that new update for Starcraft?

Y/N: I've already played all of them man. From the future remember?

Tim: Oh yeah. I kinda forget that sometimes.

Aaaaaaaaand que the awkward silence......

Y/N: What about those military guys? Pretty crazy huh?

Tim: Oh. Oh, yeah. Yeah that was really weird. Apparently the government placed Gotham as a hot spot for underage vigilantism. Same for San Francisco.

Makes senes. The Titans were there and the Bat Brats were here. Everyone else was pretty much spread out across the globe.

Y/N: It kinda makes you think. Like, what if the hero is doing so as a spiritual calling or maybe they aren't from this world. I mean, what if they're a Green Lantern? The governor can't really control that can they?

Tim: I'm sure they would find a way.

Right. Government. Whatever. That wasn't what you brought him to talk about.

Y/N: Hey, uh, I wanted to say something. I felt that you should know about this.

Tim: What's up?

Your drinks were called and you got up to grab them. You returned and gave Tim his. As he drank, you took a deep breath.

Y/N: Me and Stephenie are seeing each other.

Tim froze and looked up at you. He slowly sat his cup down and slowly nodded.

Tim: Cool.

Y/N: Cool?

Tim: Yeah. Cool.

Y/N: Cool.

Tim: I mean, it's cool. I'm happy for you guys. You guys, are happy, right?

Y/N: I am. I think she is to. She seems happy.

Tim: Then it's cool.

Y/N: Cool.

You both sat there for a moment while your drink sat untouched. You slowly took a sip before you set it back down.

Tim: I honestly thought you would've ended up with Cassandra.

You looked up.

Y/N: Cassandra? Why's that?

Tim: Just cause you two always seemed close. Even before the time wipe.

You thought back on the quiet girl. The two of you were good partners and you did have that moment in the garden. Regardless, you didn't know if you saw her in a romantic way. Plus, you were with Stephanie now.