Engagement(2): Chapter 62

"What!?" Zan Jin gaped at Zhan's words. "What are you saying? Who is Meng Yao and why are you accusing me?"

"I know you won't agree to your words so easily." Zhan smiled and looked at the entrance. "Office Wen," Zhan called.

Within the blink of eyes, a young officer wearing dark robes appeared on the scene.

"Zan Jin, do you know him?" Zhan asked looking at Zan Jin

"I know him of course." Zan Jin replied. "He is police officer Wen Ning."

"Correct!" Zhan's lips curved into a triumphant smile. "But you know, his name is Yu Bin. He is the famous police officer Yu, a high-class detective." Zhan said. "And the name Wen Ning is given by me. By the way, Zan Jin, how do you know that his name is Wen Ning?"

"I-I...its was..." Zan Jin shuttered.

"Let me help you," Zhan smirked. "That day before Meng groups collapsed, Meng Yao met with a young CEO who addressed himself as Mr. Sean. He was accompanied by his friend Wen Ning and this is how you came to know about Wen Ning."

"I am not Meng Yao!" Zan Jin yelled.

"Keep your voice low, Zan Jin." Zhan glared at Zan Jin, sensing shivers down his spine. "We still have a long way to go," Zhan smirked. "Officer Yu, the evidences." Yu Bin nodded and inserted a pen drive into his laptop and projected something on a screen.

Suddenly a video played showing that Meng Yao was Zan Jin and how he was related to the Meng groups. No sooner had the video ended than the entire hall was filled with gossips.

"Don't you think it's enough to prove that you are Meng Yao?" Zhan smirked and took the pen drive. "Why don't you admit that you are the one whom the entire companies hated and the only one who had deadly affairs with mafia?"

Zan Jin's innocent face was overpowered by his evil smirk. "Great! Xiao Zhan, I should really praise you." Zan Jin clapped. "The entire China couldn't find out that I am Meng Yao but you easily did it? That's great." Zan Jin nodded his head. "But it doesn't prove that I caused an accident to your shijie. Wang Yibo did it. The entire proofs showed that Wang Yibo did it."

"Bullshit!" Yibo growled as he stood beside Zhan. "Fake evidences can be easily made Zan Jin."

"Fake?" Zan Jin arched his brow. "How come they become fake?"

"Zan Jin, I thought that you are a brilliant mafia but it turns out that you even don't know how to control your mouth." Zhan chuckle without humor. "As far as I know, the news of my shijie's accident spread like forest fire. But...we told the media that the culprit is still missing and Wang Yibo isn't involved in this case. Then how did you know that Wang Yibo did all this, hm?"

Zan Jin glared at Zhan. "Still it doesn't prove that I did it." Zan Jin smirked.

"I know." Zhan arched his brow. "Xiao Zhan doesn't talk without evidences." He smiled and took the phone out of his pocket. Then he played the audio clip of Zan Jin, confessing his crime about his involvement in Xuan Lu's accident.  Zan Jin froze at his place. "So, I think it's proved who tried to kill my shijie," Zhan growled.