Chapter 95. You are too much

"No!"

"But, Sandhya, at least listen to the whole idea," Nair Mam reasoned.

"I am extremely sorry, Mam, but I can't do it." I shook my head.

"As if I am dying to do it," Shree derided.

"Just go to hell, Baldy." I rolled my eyes.

"Will you stop calling me that?" Shree yelled.

"No, I won't. What you gonna do, huh? Hide behind your girlfriend?"

Shree gave me a flat look and told Nair Mam to get him some other partner or change his role completely. Our classmates exchanged worried glances and started opposing Shree's ideas and requested Mrs. Nair to convince us at any cost.

"Kids, stop fighting and think about your friends also. They have worked so hard for the play and most of the preparations have started too; only you two are left for the rehearsals to begin - all roles are already assigned, so would you please do me a favour and solve your dispute?" Nair Mam asked in frustration.

"Why can't Mahek play opposite him?" I argued.

"She is already given the role which suits her, and our class' play isn't the only thing you guys are participating in for the college fest. So, I would advise you both to make up your minds because I need to give an update to the Dean about your progress."

"Mam is right, guys. Why are you wasting our time instead of co-operating? It is just a play!" one of our classmates scolded Shree and me.

Rest of the students agreed and started counseling us to deal with our personal issues later and not spoil everyone's mood. The script for the play was done, Drama club was helping with the costume and set designing, Videography club had agreed to film it, but there was just one obstacle - the main couple i.e. Shree and I were not on the same boat.

"If you guys need time, then you have it till afternoon. By 2pm, I want everyone here for the drama practice, and if you guys don't come, I won't allow you to participate in any other co-curricular activity of our class," Nair Mam threatened and left to attend her staff meeting.

"Why is she blackmailing us?" I groaned.

"I don't care; I am okay with playing my role - you care about yourself," Shree said and waved me off.

He took his script from the director and began reading it like a diligent student. I roamed my eyes around and asked other girls to exchange our roles but all of them refused and informed that they already had a lot on their plates and wouldn't want to increase their workload unnecessarily.

As for Mahek, she was shooting daggers at Shree who was ignoring her since morning. I didn't know what happened between them, but the couple was bickering with each other for last two days, and I heard some of my classmates comment that they were going to break up soon.

And this time, it wasn't Mahek who had brought up that topic as I would have expected, but instead it was Shree who seemed to be keeping his distance from his girlfriend and getting annoyed at her continuous demands of expensive dates and tantrums whenever he refused.

"What have you planned?" one of the guys, who was our assistant director for the play, questioned me after giving me my copy of the script.

"I need some time to think," I replied and left the classroom.

Last Wednesday, three days after Holi, Dean Sharma officially announced the launch of college's annual function and informed us that we had exactly one and a half month to decide what activities we would be performing and then preparing for the same. But before we started anything, we had to get his approval and once we got the green signal, we could go ahead with our plans.