Chapter 114. Dusk and Dawn

11 years later

"Surbhi, can you please tell Adil to stop pulling Mihira's hair?" Tanya complained.

"And get his sister to stand properly too?" Divya added while adjusting her camera on the stand.

"Come on, guys. Can't you see I am busy here?" Surbhi asked and picked up her one year old daughter.

She sang a lullaby, wishing for her kid, Arya, to fall asleep, but nothing was going like she had planned. She started cursing Aryan for her life and decided to call him to show how much their kids were troubling her. While her six year old son, Adil, wreaked havoc, her three year old daughter, Iraya, danced in front of the camera.

Tanya looked exhausted as she handled Surbhi's kids along with hers. Her four year old daughter, Mihira, was dragging Divya to click her pictures. Both mothers started fighting, ignoring Divya's complaints.

Only Rashi and I were sitting in peace, because one, Rashi had recently gotten married, and two, it was my wedding day, so I was getting ready with the help of make-up artists and a fashion designer.

I laughed as I saw Surbhi burst out in anger and stomp out, only to return a few moments later when Arya started crying again. My best friend shot me a glare and warned me that I would also have to go through it one day, and then Tanya and she would laugh to their heart's content.

"I don't think so," I teased.

Rashi giggled and Divya scolded her to help her in getting the kids together for the photoshoot because once they got their stomachs full, none of the toddlers would be able to keep their eyes open.

Finally, my friends got some relief when kids' fathers came to pick up their offsprings, and my bridesmaids went to get ready themselves. Aryan shot me a thumbs up before exiting with his small troop. I glanced back at my reflection in the mirror when my make up artists announced that I was done.

"Oh my god! Sandhu, I can't believe my eyes," Mom said as she entered my room with Avasthi Aunty.

Mom darted her gaze all over me and pulled me in a hug. I told her to save her tears for later, and she pinched my cheek. Dad and Avasthi Uncle also arrived soon, and Dad burst out crying without any warning.

"My Princess has grown up so much," he cried.

"I can't believe our Sandhu is getting married today," Nikhil's mom said in admiration.

I felt my throat constricting as unshed tears sprang up in my eyes; I shook my head and smiled at them. After distracting each other so that we wouldn't end up crying, my parents congratulated me and praised my friends once they got out of their rooms.

"All of you are looking gorgeous," Dad said.

"You too, Uncle and Aunty," my girl gang said in unison.

"The time has come. Are you ready?" Mom asked me.

I nodded enthusiastically and picked up my red lehenga. Mom adjusted my dupatta, and I took a huge breath before exiting the room, my loved ones following behind.

On our way, Parth, Shreyas, Ayush and my cousin, Jahnvi, joined me. Even though I had male cousins, I wanted Ayush to be there for the role of my brother, and he was more than happy to complete my wish.

"All set?" he asked.

"Yup." I grinned.

After reaching the mandap, Jahnvi announced my arrival and all eyes turned in our direction. My cousin nudged me and pointed towards the bridegroom.