Chapter 23 - Cause and XS

It's been a couple of weeks since Savitar and Caitlin came back from their honeymoon and they honestly couldn't be any happier.

Currently Savitar was meditating in his temple, large sparks emitting from his aura when suddenly Nora came charging into his temple, tired and weary as Savitar got up frustratingly "Nora I'm busy, what do you want?" He managed to get out just before she fell into him, sobbing loudly "I can't help them, I...I'm so tired" she struggled out through muffled sobs as Savitar hesitantly rubs her back "ok Nora calm down and start from the beginning." He said softly as he sat them down talking about what had happened.

Minutes pass as Savitar was shocked at what he had heard "Caitlin..." he uttered out "I can't save them" Nora sobbed out as Savitar remained silent with his thoughts "say something please..." she struggled out.

Savitar held his head in his hands "look...I understand why you reversed the timeline to save them, but the speedforce isn't going to tolerate this anymore, I mean I was born because of changing the timeline" Savitar told her, putting on his jacket and sliding on his flash ring that was given to him by Cisco himself as a wedding gift.

"If you've reversed time, we better make this the time in which we win." Savitar patted her shoulder whilst clenching his ringed fist causing his body to be completely consumed by a silver metal suit. This suit was similar to his past suit except now Cisco has made it to be more streamlined and slimmed down, allowing for more movement and flexibility so the suit doesn't weigh him down.

"Killer suit" Nora chuckled out as Savitar smirked widely "dress for the job you want...you can thank Cisco for that" he replied as his helmet made it's way over his face, finishing by a mouth guard slamming shut, covering his mouth. "I told him how I got my scar and decided to spend time with constructing my suit." Savitar walked out of the temple as he readied himself "now let's get this over and done with, where did you always end up?" Savitar asked her as she answered quickly and readied herself beside him and then, they were off.

Flashes of white, orange and purple lightning ran together in unison, Savitar having to severely slow down for her to keep up with him. When they got there, everyone was in the cortex acting as if nothing has happened to them as Savitar's suit slowly crawled off him and back into the ring. "Hey you" Caitlin called out to him as Savitar kissed her temple "Hey Cait-" Savitar managed out till Cisco's voice could be heard "not the book of Ralph AGAIN" Cisco answered as Savitar rolled his eyes playfully as Cisco begged everyone for help. Caitlin, Savitar and Sherloqe left to escape the uncomfortable situation and the two newly weds decided to head over to Caitlin's lab to study on Cicada's blood as Nora tended to everyone's needs.

Savitar simply couldn't let Cait die and decided that he was going to spend every last minute with her as he gently kissed her shoulder blades, causing Cait to shudder at his lips "not now, we're in lab" she answered quickly as Savitar took notice of how quick she answered "you ok? You don't seem like yourself" he asked as Cait brushed him off again, instead with a snap "I'm fine Savitar, now please...let me work" Cait told him bluntly as Savitar took this to heart, knowing that she died right in front of Nora "fine, I'll leave you to your work" he replied, speeding off to the building Nora told him that Cicada will be at. Cait looked on as she sighed shakily, letting a tear fall slowly "I'm sorry..." Caitlin muttered to herself as she smiled sadly, continuing with her work.

Savitar watched Cicada from one of the surrounding buildings, being careful not be detected which seemed to work somehow as Nora sped in front of Cicada, confronting him about all of team flash he murdered in the past which he had no idea about. Nora's anger continued to grow with every passing second, Savitar knew he had to make his move quickly or else Nora will just get herself killed.

At that moment, Cicada's blade came rushing towards Savitar, it seemed that Cicada knew he was there and this caused Savitar to run from the blade, ensuring it followed him away from Cicada and Nora as the two clashed in a  fight that didn't last long due to Nora being too inexperienced.

Cicada called for his blade as just then a breach opened up next to him and Cisco hit him with his vibe blasts, distracting him long enough for Savitar to catch the blade in mid air, using its momentum to swing the blade into Cicada's back causing him to scream in pain, leaping away from them all as he tore the blade from his back.

Cisco informed the two of how he knew Nora reversed time due to him having these vibes about his date with Camila. Savitar nodded over to him, lifting up Nora in a bridal style as they all walked through Cisco's breach back over to Star Labs where the rest of the team including Barry and Iris awaited them.

Both Barry and Iris ran over to Savitar as he handed Nora over to them, her breathing was weak but still steady. Iris thanked him silently as the lone god walked out of the lab and sped over to his and Caitlin's apartment, he dreaded when she came home but knew it had to be dealt with.

As he made his way into their bedroom his glance was pulled to a familiar photo, it was one then took at their wedding, except it was the whole of Team Flash. Savitar has grown alot since he was defeated by Barry and he noticed it. He has friends, a wife, a well earned spot as a respected hero. He had everything he ever wanted but as his eyes were pulled to the nightstand, it seemed now that he was going to become something else.