Chapter 34

Braeyln's Pov 

"Are you okay?" He asked. I hummed in response as I stared into his eyes; I was falling for this man deeply even though we had just met. He slowly removed his hands off of me and I forcefully took a step back even though I didn't want to. I stood in front of him, not wanting to take my eyes off of him. I wanted to ask him if he felt it, if he felt the same but I knew better. It wasn't my place to ask him.

"Give her phone back. I don't want disruptions during office hours," Ridge said. I held a smile in as he helped me, he reached his hand out in front of Jake and he finally gave in.

After me pestering and running after him, he listened. I grabbed my phone and made sure to put it in my pocket so that I wouldn't lose it again. Jake smiled at me and nodded. What's going on in this boy's head.

"I'll be leaving," Jake said and with that he walked out of the office. I looked at my boss to find him already staring at me. I diverted my attention elsewhere and said, "The coffee is on the table." He raised his eyebrows at me, like he was surprised. What? I just made him coffee. He walked towards his desk and sat down. I watched each and every move he made, why is he thinking so much I didn't poison the coffee. He grabbed the cup of coffee and brought it close to his nose and smelled it.

His eyes hardened and he put the cup down. He brought his right hand up to his tie and loosened it as if he couldn't breathe. He sighed and took a sip from the coffee and his eyes slightly widened and he looked at me.

"How did you know?" He asked. I stared at him in confusion because I wasn't sure what he was talking about. He looked at me and asked once again, "I was going to tell you what type of coffee but I didn't get a chance to. Now, tell me how did you know I drink this type of coffee." I didn't know the answer to his question.

I'm surprised myself, he asked me to make coffee and that's what I did. I don't drink coffee but I knew how to make it because of the diner. I stood still not knowing how to answer his question. If I tell him the truth he won't believe me. He tapped his fingers against his chair patiently waiting for me to answer and I knew that he wasn't going to let this go.

"I asked," I said, lying. This seemed more believable than telling him that I wasn't sure how I did. He nodded and I let out a sigh in relief, thank god, that worked.

"There is a party tomorrow night and it's with the whole entire office due to our deal. As my secretary you have to be there. I'll send you the address and you have to be there on time," I nodded hesitantly. Looks like I need to find myself a dress now. After a while, I turned, and made my way out when he didn't say anything.

"Mocha and mint, with a tad bit of vanilla, brewed while stirred with exactly five ice cubs and no sugar. The funny thing is I said coffee. I don't remember saying iced coffee. Most complicated drink, but you made it without me telling you. Impressive," I grabbed the door handle but stopped. My heartbeat dropped realizing that he had caught my lie.

"No one in this office knows how to make my coffee properly. Not even my fiance. I had five personal assistants that were fired because they weren't even close to what I asked for. Which made me wonder, who helped you because I thought that no one knew," he said. I stood still and didn't make a single sound. Until he said, "Turn around." I turned around and looked at him as he took a sip from the cup as he stared at me.

"But the real question is... why are you lying?" he asked.I stood there and stared at him with confidence. Lee said that I was great at lying but I wished I had told him other than this. I felt the sides of my stomach tighten as I gritted my teeth.

"I'm going to ask you once and I'm not going to repeat it again," he said and I nodded understanding. He took another sip from the cup and sighed. He had his back against his seat and his hands were on Either side of the arm chair. He licked his lips and stared carefully.

"Do you know me?"