Chapter 44

a/n: Don't worry guys I didn't forget about this book! Haha I don't have any of the chapters planned out so I'm just doing whatever comes to my mind. That's why I'm taking a long time.

p.s: the last chapter for this book will probably be around chapter 50-55.

As I made my way towards my psychiatrist's office for my session. I couldn't help but think about what happened last night. What relationship did Ridge have with Lee? Why did he run off like that?

*~*

Lee's eyes widened. She looked quite surprised but for some reason Lee's reaction seemed quite off. Why was she surprised? Did she recognize him? I looked at Ridge to see his back facing the door. I didn't realize that he got out of my hold. What is his problem. I tried to ask him what happened but he removed my hand from my hand harshly and walked towards his car.

I looked at Lee to see her eyeing Ridge carefully as he left. Her eyes teared up and she looked at me confused.

"Th-that's your boss?" She asked. I nodded and she took a deep breath and shook her head back and forth.

"W-What did you say hi-his name wa-was?" She choked out as tears ran down her pale face. I chose my words carefully and said, "Ridge Harrington. Why?" She closed her eyes and ran her hand through her hair nodding.

"I see, it's not him." She muttered to herself. I furrowed my eyebrows confused, what did she mean by that?

"What do you mean by that? Did you know a person with the same name as him?" I asked. Her eyes widened at my question and she studied me carefully.

"What makes you say that? Are your memories recovering?" Lee asked. It was all starting to make sense. She just confirmed that I knew someone with the name Ridge. Why else would she ask me if my memories were recovering, and the way she reacted to Ridge's name explains it all.'Are you saying that I knew someone with the name Ridge?' Is what I wanted to ask her but I stopped myself from doing so.

"What was the emergency?" I asked, trying to divert the attention elsewhere. Lee sighed and waved it off, "It's nothing."

I nodded and said, "Why don't you and Grady come to my house tomorrow. I'm having dinner with a couple of my friends around six. I want you to meet them! You can drop the kids off at your mothers!"

"Sure, tomorrow is Grady's day off as well!" Lee said excitedly but she still seemed uneasy with what just happened.

"I can't wait," I said while smiling.

*~*

Xaiver, here's my address. Come at six. And make sure to bring the stuff!

I closed my phone and slid it into my back pocket. I opened the door to my psychiatrist's office and made my way inside. Part one of the plan activated.

My phone rang and it was Ronnie. I picked up the phone and immediately asked, "Did you do it?"

"Yeah, we are currently at the hospital with them," Ronnie said hurriedly. I nodded understanding.

"Why do you want us to distract Grady and Lee?" Ronnie asked worriedly.

"You'll find out tonight. I'll text you when you two can stop. I owe you both," I said and with that I ended the call.

I pressed the elevator button and the door opened. I went into the elevator and I immediately went to his contact and texted him, "Did you get it?"

"Yes"

A smile made its way on my face. I didn't want to do it this way but I had no other choice but to do it.

The elevator door opened and I found the one person in front of me. What is he doing here?

"What are you doing here, Mr. Harrington?" I asked. Ridge's eyes widened in shock seeing me here. I got out of the elevator and he tried to go inside the elevator but I stopped him. 

"Are you going to answer me?" I asked. He looked at me with no expression but I knew that he was nervous because his body tensed. I let out a chuckle and said, "Forget about it. Anyways, I was going to text you but I rather tell you in person."

He looked at me curiously and asked me to proceed, "I'm having a little dinner thing with my friends. And I'd like for you to come and bring Katherine along as well!" I knew that he was going to tell me no but I grabbed his hand stopping him.

"If you say no then I'll kiss you," I said daringly. He raised his eyebrows and let out a small chuckle. I knew that I wouldn't but he didn't need to know that.

"You wouldn't," he said while still laughing. I took a step forward closer to him and maintained eye contact with him.

"You think I'm bluffing?" I asked. I took another step forward closer to him and he took a step back. The smile on his face disappeared and a smirk made its way on my face.

"I have fiancée," he said as he took another step back.

"I don't care," I said while taking a step forward. His guard that he had up was now down. He seemed quite nervous, he believes me.

"I'm your boss. This isn't appropriate," he whispered. I gave him a small smile and looked at his lips and then back at his eyes. His breathing slightly hitched as he took a step back.

"Then fire me," I whispered. His back hit against the wall but I grabbed him by his waist and brought his body against mine. I stared into his emerald green eyes and removed my hands from his waist and wrapped them around his neck slowly. I made sure to touch his chest, arms, and then neck.

"What time?" He asked. I instantly smiled and muttered, "Six." I grabbed a fistfull of his hair and brought it closer to mine. I could hear the sound of his heartbeat beating fast. I brushed my lips against his cheek all the way to his ear.

My smile widened and I said, "Make sure to bring, Katherine." I pulled back for a quick second but I grabbed him by his neck again.

I hovered my lips against his and whispered, "You're right. I wasn't going to kiss you."