.012

.012

"you so motherfuckin' dangerous

"you so motherfuckin' dangerous. you got me by my neck."

more time had passed. toronto found herself with the father and son duo of the crew. she sat next to denver and across from moscow as they all counted money in silence. "do you two know about that syndrome?" denver looked to them both. toronto just nodded her head as she counted not wanting to talk about it. but it wasn't something denver couldn't stop thinking about. moscow could see he was alone in this discussion because toronto didn't even look up from what she was doing. "stockholm syndrome? yeah, i've heard about it." moscow told his son shrugging it off.

"i didn't force her, papa. i swear. i brought her food to her and she was wrapped her arms around my neck. she tried to kiss me and wouldn't let go, papa. i swear we kissed for real. i even started dancing in front of her." denver told his father eagerly. moscow just smiled sadly at his son, happy to hear that he was talking about romance finally but not with the circumstances. toronto finally looked over to denver with a smile too. "look at her." moscow told his son. monica was just one room over and you could see her through the blinds of the window.

"when have you had a girlfriend like that?" moscow's eyes went to toronto slowly and she just swallowed. moscow was confused by the woman's actions; he expected her to be jealous and very visible at that point. "well, i had vane." denver looked over to toronto. he wanted to tell his father that he had her too, but he wasn't too sure if he did. he still wanted her.

"vane was neither pretty, nor smart, nor good. because you were from the same world, had things in common--" moscow told his son. toronto loved their relationship but she hated when moscow had discussions like this with denver. he knew he was able to manipulate his son if he just put him down, like earlier in the heist when the safe was first opened. "and what world is that? a shitty one, right?" denver questioned his father, starting to get frustrated. moscow stopped talking and just looked at his son.

"look at her closely. look at her! first of all, she's a civil servant. that means she has studied a lot. second, her last boyfriend was the general director of the royal mint. and third, she's incredibly pretty and refined. she's out of your league, son." moscow told him and toronto just laughed shaking her head. "i disagree. anyone is in your league and i think monica and you are somewhat in the same world. you just have to make sure it's not the situation that connects you two if you think you love her. is this your first love?" toronto caught the attention of the men and denver just smiled at her, happy to know she sided with him.

"no. it's not my first time in love." denver looked the woman in the eyes and toronto just nodded slowly looking over to moscow hoping she didn't make the man too upset. "well then go with your gut because we all know love can be fucked. and these could be one of those times, denver. just be careful with the way you handle it. she's a wonderful woman." toronto looked over to the next room. denver just reached for toronto's hand and squeezed happy to have her with him.